Reload this Page >

Epworth healthcare Melbourne

Epworth healthcare Melbourne

Old Jun 27th 2012, 6:57 am
Just Joined

mooch73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Epworth healthcare Melbourne

Hi
Wondering if any nurses have knowledge of this organisation - have interview with them next week
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Epworth healthcare Melbourne

I work in a public hospital in Melbourne. Havent heard anything bad from the Epworth but not sure I could work private. People already treat me like I am there to kiss their a** and wait on them hand an foot and thats in a busy public emergency. Aussie private patients are a nightmare, we have to look after them at times when there are no beds at the private. Most are overly demanding and rude.

Good luck.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply had the interview today now gotta wait 3 weeks to find out both interviewers gave me business card tho and told me to contact them on my planned trip in September for a look around so hopefully that might be a good sign
Old Jul 4th 2012, 10:37 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I worked for the one in Richmond, hated it, hated it, think i gave my reasons on another thread somewhere, have a plan B incase its shite.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 10:46 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

found it , it was on this thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=755938 and heres what i wrote

mmmmm, please go with an open mind, it is 4 years since i worked there. If i was you i would give it a go, but discuss with the agency first what the plan B is , if it does not suit you.

I was treated really badly by a couple of members of staff right from day 1, coz they wanted you to perfom 100 percent right from day 1 and this is impossible for anyone starting a new job.

Coz i was the newbie, i was dumped with all the shit, the ops no one else wanted to scrub for and the surgeons no one want to scrub for (being experienced i could tell a mile off i was getting the piss taken right outta me!).

Never recieved an orientation, badge or locker, no one told me about a.l time sheets, sick leave, salary packaging (found most of that info on here!!).

I kept telling myself it was me being over sensitive, coz i was new and in a new country etc, but once i left everything got a bit better, Yes, i was feeling low and homesick, but the job was also dragging me down.

The WORST experience was when i was scrubbed for a laprascopic op that went wrong and was proceeding to a laparotomy, the scout had poor english, so with her poor english and my thick scottish accent, the instruments etc were not forthcoming, the surgeon shouted , AM I IN ****IN AFRICA!, I turned round and asked the tech to get the nurse in charge in here NOW!, thankfully english was his first language and he understood! I did not want to put myself in that very stressful situation again!. I found there were alot of overseas nurses and (mainly due to my accent) couldnt understand me, this was extremely stressful and they were on the whole very rude about it and often shouted at me. I pointed out on a daily basis , i was not deaf!

I could go on and on, but this could happen probably in alot of places and it will depend on how you deal with it. When i left i had to go for counselling to set me on the right path with work and other issues, but i still have no doubt in my mind that a contributing factor to how bad i felt was that workplace.

However i know this could happen in any job, i hope things have got better!

Last edited by Margaret3; Jul 4th 2012 at 10:48 am.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 11:09 am
Just Joined

Oh that's not good treatment at all poor you
it is the new renovation site at Camberwell that they are interviewing for they are now expanding into psychiatry nothing too heavy duty mainly anxiety and mood disorders possibly some mild psychosis, I asked about induction program and did feel they were a little vague but as this was my first oz interview have nothing to compare it against. The employment agent discussed with me that not to worry if I did not like it then she would help me to find alternative employment
Many thanks for your reply
Mem