Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Epilepsy affect application?

Epilepsy affect application?

Old Mar 23rd 2004, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

traceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant future
Default Epilepsy affect application?

My sister in law is in the last stages of her application, she had epilepsy 5 years ago but started medication and has not had a fit for 4 years. The doctors told her at her medical that this should not affect her application as she has it under control. Has anyone else had this affect their application or had epilepsy? Also, they had their medicals the 11th Feb 04 and have still not heard. How long does it take to hear back???

Thanks
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 9:03 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Epilepsy affect application?

Originally posted by traceyandian
My sister in law is in the last stages of her application, she had epilepsy 5 years ago but started medication and has not had a fit for 4 years. The doctors told her at her medical that this should not affect her application as she has it under control. Has anyone else had this affect their application or had epilepsy? Also, they had their medicals the 11th Feb 04 and have still not heard. How long does it take to hear back???

Thanks
Hi there

Dont think it should affect the medicals I have heard of people who have epilepsy and have passed no probs, What visa is your sis in law going for.........we went skilled Des Area Sponsored and were asked for the AOS Bond 3 weeks after the meds were sent, just depends who the case officer is and how busy it is....hang in there
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

traceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant future

Originally posted by biggy
Hi there

Dont think it should affect the medicals I have heard of people who have epilepsy and have passed no probs, What visa is your sis in law going for.........we went skilled Des Area Sponsored and were asked for the AOS Bond 3 weeks after the meds were sent, just depends who the case officer is and how busy it is....hang in there
Skilled Ind, they are going under her husband. Thanks, will let her know.
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

The GoodbyeGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by traceyandian

Thanks
My son (20) has epilepsy, and we got a letter from our GP to say what meds he is on and that it is under control etc., and gave it to the doctor to forward on to Adelaide when we had our med checks done.
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

The GoodbyeGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by The GoodbyeGirl
My son (20) has epilepsy, and we got a letter from our GP to say what meds he is on and that it is under control etc., and gave it to the doctor to forward on to Adelaide when we had our med checks done.
Fogot to add....we were accepted with no problems.
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

Sounds exactly the same. Thanks goodbye girl, will let her know.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 12:19 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Same with us, my hubby has it it for years and is controlled well. We got a letter from GP with the facts. I think it may take a wee bit longer to hear as Adelaide may have to refer to the GP panel.

We got in okay too.