Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Entertaining my MUM, please help!

Entertaining my MUM, please help!

Old Nov 12th 2007, 9:41 pm
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all
Default Entertaining my MUM, please help!

I need a bit of advice on what to do with my Mum and her partner when they come over in December.
We have only been here 5 weeks now and are still awaiting our container.
It is her 50th Birthday while she is here so i want to do something really special on that day (13th dec) i thought maybe a really nice meal somewhere after a seaplane ride. Also they would like to visit ayers rock and also australia zoo, i have tried to explain how far they are but they still want to do it, which flights and hotels would anyone reccomend? I am going to take them around Sydney and do the beaches and the blue mountains and ferry rides and such but she is here for 5 weeks and i want them to have the best time ever.
Any help and advice will be gratefully recieved.
Thanks
Lisa
xxxx
By the way i'm loving it here, so far so good.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

maccy124 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Entertaining my MUM, please help!

glad your enjoying it, Australia Zoo is a must, i know its a plane ride away from Sydney, but its still a great place to go.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

lil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nice

Originally Posted by LisaD_uk
I need a bit of advice on what to do with my Mum and her partner when they come over in December.
It is her 50th Birthday while she is here so i want to do something really special on that day (13th dec) i thought maybe a really nice meal somewhere after a seaplane ride. Also they would like to visit ayers rock and also australia zoo, i have tried to explain how far they are but they still want to do it, which flights and hotels would anyone reccomend? I am going to take them around Sydney and do the beaches and the blue mountains and ferry rides and such but she is here for 5 weeks and i want them to have the best time ever.
Thanks
Lisa
xxxx
If she is fit enough, get her to climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge, that will be one birthday experience to remember.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Lisa
xxxx
My mum's about same age as yours and is getting a sneaky eye lift done while she's over next week .... maybe not everyone's cup of tea!

Sounds like you have loads of great stuff planned.

How about a stay at a winery? Some of them have really nice accommodation and dining (and wine of course!), set in some beautiful scenery.

If you go to Aussie Zoo, then Noosa/Sunshine Beach/Mooloolaba are areas well worth a stay at for a couple of nights. loads of lovely restaurants overlooking the beach. If you are more into hilly scenery you have Maleny, Eumendi (good markets apparently) and little villages like Montville
Old Nov 13th 2007, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

hunter will become famous soon enoughhunter will become famous soon enough

Thanks
Lisa
xxxx

why not combine the seaplane with lunch and ferry trip return.

Dolyes http://www.seaplanes.com.au/Content_...ine.seo#doyles
Old Nov 13th 2007, 4:36 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
Lisa
xxxx
Is she a 'Yummy Mummy'? If so, send her round here, I'll entertain her!
Old Nov 13th 2007, 5:43 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

We had dinner in the restaurant at the top of the Sydney Tower for our wedding anniversary. It was really good, I would thoroughly recommend it.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 9:01 pm
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Is she a 'Yummy Mummy'? If so, send her round here, I'll entertain her!
Yes she is a yummy mummy and when i told her she laughed.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 9:09 pm
Lisa

Thanks for all your help guys and gals.
She is too afraid of heights to do the bridge climb i'm afraid, I did it and i cried i was so scared HE HE.
Any chance of a few more web addy that i can look at and who would you reccomend doing the internal flights with, and what about accomadation.

Def going to look at the seaplane and dine one so thanks for that web link Hunter.

rabsody thanks for your advice will have to look into that, any hotel reccomendations you have would be great, thanks.

Thanks to you all am going to get looking.

BTW she has asked me what we are doing for new years eve and we were hoping to have a boat by then but we are having trouble finding the right car let alone a bloody boat so any advice on that would be fantastic please, we would love a cruise and to see the fire works but not sure how to go about it. Is the harbour a free for all at new years or do you have to get a licence or anything.
Thanks again everyone
Lisa
xxxx
Old Nov 13th 2007, 10:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Bring her down to Canberra and do a dawn balloon ride - if she can manage a plane with her fear of heights then she could do a balloon ride. I wish my kids had done that for my 50th - I dont think I even got a card!!!
Old Nov 13th 2007, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all your help guys and gals.
She is too afraid of heights to do the bridge climb i'm afraid, I did it and i cried i was so scared HE HE.
Any chance of a few more web addy that i can look at and who would you reccomend doing the internal flights with, and what about accomadation.

Def going to look at the seaplane and dine one so thanks for that web link Hunter.

rabsody thanks for your advice will have to look into that, any hotel reccomendations you have would be great, thanks.

Thanks to you all am going to get looking.

BTW she has asked me what we are doing for new years eve and we were hoping to have a boat by then but we are having trouble finding the right car let alone a bloody boat so any advice on that would be fantastic please, we would love a cruise and to see the fire works but not sure how to go about it. Is the harbour a free for all at new years or do you have to get a licence or anything.
Thanks again everyone
Lisa
xxxx
Hi Lisa

Try this linik to find out about boating on the harbour for New Year.

http://www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/N...TheHarbour.asp

If you don't manage to sort a boat, then I can def. recommend Blues Point Reserve as a fab place to watch the fireworks from. It's just in front of the bridge, so you get an amazing view.

Take care

Rudi
xxx
Old Nov 13th 2007, 11:02 pm
Lisa

Originally Posted by quoll
Bring her down to Canberra and do a dawn balloon ride - if she can manage a plane with her fear of heights then she could do a balloon ride. I wish my kids had done that for my 50th - I dont think I even got a card!!!
i shall have a look into that aswell, a balloon ride did cross my mind so thanks for that.
Ahhhh not even a card though thats naughty.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 11:04 pm
Lisa

Originally Posted by Rudi
Hi Lisa

Try this linik to find out about boating on the harbour for New Year.

http://www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/N...TheHarbour.asp

If you don't manage to sort a boat, then I can def. recommend Blues Point Reserve as a fab place to watch the fireworks from. It's just in front of the bridge, so you get an amazing view.

Take care

Rudi
xxx

Thanks hun I will check out that link and let you know what I think, I just want it to be very special for her.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

Rachel69 will become famous soon enoughRachel69 will become famous soon enough

A great place to go for lunch when family are over is Doyles on the beach, watson Bay.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 2:56 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
I wish my kids had done that for my 50th - I dont think I even got a card!!!
Did you disown them? I would have!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.