Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

entals in Canning vale area with dogs

entals in Canning vale area with dogs

Old Mar 24th 2006, 10:08 pm
hjw
helenj

hjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud of
Default entals in Canning vale area with dogs

HI can any help please we are looking for rental properties within the Canning Vale/ Rossmoyne/Willerton of Perth areas i know it a wideish area but we need some where half decent that will take a family of 4 plus 2 boxers and a large cat.
Hubby having problems at moment he down there and he got me moaning by email and phone on finding the perfect place and he aint comm ing up with the goods....Oh and i want a pool not a lot to ask for i know.. If anyone can help i would be sooo grateful..
Love helen
Old Mar 24th 2006, 10:20 pm
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: entals in Canning vale area with dogs

Helen

Sorry to tell you this but you will have to seriously curb your thoughts on the ideal rental.

Firstly.... a very small percentage of rental properties have pools, landlords don;t want the upkeep and risk involved in them.
Secondly..... the rental market in Perth is very different to what most people are used to, usually you will turn up to view the home and discover that there are several people there, if the home is nice then everyone will puit in an application for it, the owner (not the agent) will then go with the tenent they feel is best, top of the list is going to be an executive couple with no kids or pets who can provide references. With kids and more than one animal you will be farther down the list so it is going to take a longer search to find a home.

My advice would be to stick to a newer area as the rentals should be nicer, older areas mean olde rhomes and renatls which possibly havent seen a lick of paint in 20 years. Forget about the pool and put it on your wish list for when you buy, if you are renting fior the next 6 months you'll hardly be able to use the pool anyway. Always tell the agent that your animals live outdoors and wont be inside the house and offer the pet bond before it is mentioned. Lastly widen your area that you'll consider, rentals are often found by luck and you need to be as open mided as possible on all aspects.

If he looks in the quokka and saturdays west he may be able to find something not through an agent, cutting out the agent can sometimes make things easier.

I'm sorry if this wasn't the answer you were loking for but i hope it helps anyway.

Lynn
Old Mar 24th 2006, 10:41 pm
hjw
helenj

hjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud of
Wink Re: entals in Canning vale area with dogs

Hi Lyn, thank you for your honest veiw on the perth rental market i know perfect asking too much but it was worth a try!!Just spoken to hubby and he on his way out to buy the local paper all you said he is having a problem with.Properies he seen so far have been shabby and lots veiwing them, im going down on 7th of april to trey and resolve things before big move so might be able to do a few veiwong myself. Any advise on unis and schools as we have an 18 year old applying for uni anda 14 year old going to high school? Am finding it a little stressful as hubby down in perth more than he is home at moment and i trying to sort everyones prblems at moment and my own. Bloody stressful as you can imagine, hubby thinks it plain sailing and only he has stress can you imaginre ...? thanks Helen

Sorry to tell you this but you will have to seriously curb your thoughts on the ideal rental.

Firstly.... a very small percentage of rental properties have pools, landlords don;t want the upkeep and risk involved in them.
Secondly..... the rental market in Perth is very different to what most people are used to, usually you will turn up to view the home and discover that there are several people there, if the home is nice then everyone will puit in an application for it, the owner (not the agent) will then go with the tenent they feel is best, top of the list is going to be an executive couple with no kids or pets who can provide references. With kids and more than one animal you will be farther down the list so it is going to take a longer search to find a home.

My advice would be to stick to a newer area as the rentals should be nicer, older areas mean olde rhomes and renatls which possibly havent seen a lick of paint in 20 years. Forget about the pool and put it on your wish list for when you buy, if you are renting fior the next 6 months you'll hardly be able to use the pool anyway. Always tell the agent that your animals live outdoors and wont be inside the house and offer the pet bond before it is mentioned. Lastly widen your area that you'll consider, rentals are often found by luck and you need to be as open mided as possible on all aspects.

If he looks in the quokka and saturdays west he may be able to find something not through an agent, cutting out the agent can sometimes make things easier.

I'm sorry if this wasn't the answer you were loking for but i hope it helps anyway.

Lynn[/QUOTE]
Old Mar 25th 2006, 2:42 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: entals in Canning vale area with dogs

Hi Helen

Typical men isnt it, doent matter what we are having to contend with its never as stressful or as important as what they are dealing with

For areas close to Uni's with good schools and easy accessibility for everything how about Leeming or Mount Hawthorn, or don't discount further north, somewhere with easy access to Joondalup would be good for your uni going 18 year old.

I'll send you a pm with another couple of things which you may find helpful.

Don;t be too hard on your other half the poor bugger probably knows it doesnt matter what he does he'll be wrong anyway

Lynn