Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is this enough for TRA

Is this enough for TRA

Old Dec 5th 2004, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

midge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant future
Default Is this enough for TRA

Hi, i am gathering bits of info for hubbys TRA ready to send when Ozzy cheque arrives from the Bank.

He left school in 1985 and just helped his uncle out roofing for a while.
He then started working for my father from 1987 (when we met), till 2000 (when my father passed away).

Obviously then he had to find something else, so he started on his own He has always been self employed anyway

I cannot obtain references from employers as my father and his uncle are now passed. But here it what i have is this enough.

Copies of:-
A = Birth Certificate
B = Copy of reference letter from customer
C = Copy of reference letter from customer
D = Copy of CIS Card
E = Affidavit of works and employment
F = Business Card
G = Receipt of goods bought for various works
H = Invoice of goods bought from supplier
I = Invoice of goods bought from supplier
J = Reference from customer
K = List of works carried out from 2002, with description and date
L = Printout from Companies House of employers liquidation in 2000

Have i forgotten anything, sorry its a bit long-winded, but i know this an be a hard bit to get through
Old Dec 5th 2004, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

CK2B will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Is this enough for TRA

Hi Midge,

Been in the same position as you putting stuff together for TRA so know how stressful it all can be, it would also seem that TRA have become very strict lately on applications where no formal apprenticeship has been served so this may be an area you need to seek some agents advice on. Have you read some of the recent posts on the immigration site?

TRA look for 3 suppliers letters & 3 customers/client references. You will also need to show a few years company accounts and have a letter from your accountant stating everything is up to date regards taxes, etc.

Best of luck,

CK
Old Dec 6th 2004, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

midge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant future

We only use the one supplier,so do u think i should put in 3 invoices from them, these state which materials he has used, and how much he has spent.

Would a tax return thingy from the tax office be enough also.
Old Dec 6th 2004, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

CK2B will become famous soon enough

I would mention on your stat dec that you only use the one supplier just to be certain. TRA do ask for accountants letter if self employed so not sure if any-one has got away with tax office form? Do you have any audited copies of company accounts or can you get a letter from accountant?

PS: Don't forget passport photos.
Old Dec 6th 2004, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

Do you think it would be cheeky to email the TRA with a list of what i have already, iam so worried it wont be enough.
Old Dec 7th 2004, 7:26 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by midge04
Do you think it would be cheeky to email the TRA with a list of what i have already, iam so worried it wont be enough.
You could try but when I emailed them before I sent in our stuff they never responded. I think as they are so busy with the 1000's applications they will have I have a feeling that thay will oly respond to people who have a case number.....

An idea would be - if you contact an agent why not ask if they can have a look over your documentation to ensure it would be sufficient?