Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is this enough for family of 3 in Perth

Is this enough for family of 3 in Perth

Old Jun 28th 2012, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

abi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Is this enough for family of 3 in Perth

A bit like saying "I've decided to emigrate and all my extended family and every friend I've ever made since primary school have decided to come too - do you think I might struggle with loneliness?"
Old Jun 28th 2012, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

richie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to all

i'm allergic to sunshine, i have phobias with snakes, spiders and animals with pouches and sea water and sand bring my kids out in rashes.

we are moving to perth in august

do you think we are making the right move????
Old Jun 29th 2012, 6:02 am
Just Joined

sydneybookkeeper is an unknown quantity at this point

I have no idea about this but thanks for arising this type of question. I will try to give answer later if it is possible.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 6:10 am
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

With all your allergies and phobias, Perth should be fine - other parts of Scotland maybe less so.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

Whilst it is not a fortune it should be enough to live on depending on your lifestyle. Yiu may find that you don't want to go back to the uk every year but should you want to it will be enough to do so, albeit in economy. Many on here do earn a whole lot less than the figures you quite, hence the replies but I do understand your concerns when all you here about is how exPensive Aus is and if you haven't been here before yiu would have no comparison
Old Jun 29th 2012, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts View Post
No I still dont believe it was a genuine question, it was either a wind up or a gloat as somebody suggested. Nobody could have the ability to command this salary, but not be able to do some simple sums, see what it might equate to and then need to ask this question.
he's obviously in IT then.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 7:41 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bingobob777 View Post
he's obviously in IT then.
Yeah, or an accountant.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 8:29 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cor Blimey View Post
Help please,

Just been offered total package of 225,000 Aus$ for Perth.

Will this be enough for UK family with 3 school kids to have a decent life?

Will need a house to rent, 2 x cars and a flight home each year to UK.

If we could save a bit it would be great also.

Normal family.

Any advice appreciated. Thank you
Gross $225000
Super $20250
Tax $ 70096

Net $134628

Rent $30000
Food $15-20000
Cars $20000
Flights back $15000 plus need spending $

Thats $80000 odd already gone

School, Health ins, clothes, entertainment, plus all the other stuff to enjoy life.

Sure, things can be done cheaper, but money certainly can get burnt here in Perth.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 5:16 am
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

Top the super up to $25000: that will reduce the tax bill.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 5:24 am
Just Joined

PerthParamedic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KJCherokee View Post
With all your allergies and phobias, Perth should be fine - other parts of Scotland maybe less so.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 5:30 am
Just Joined

PerthParamedic is an unknown quantity at this point

and a flight home each year to UK.

Any advice appreciated. Thank you
Why would you want to go back to UK every year. If you are moving for a new life, wouldn't it be better to leave the old one behind...You'll soon know your real friends, as they will be coming to visit you.

If someone is let out of HMP Broadmoor, they don't want to keep returning there to have a look?

PP
Old Jun 30th 2012, 6:05 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Help please,

Just been offered total package of 225,000 Aus$ for Perth.
Doing what?
Old Jun 30th 2012, 12:04 pm
Fronting the Parole Board

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PerthParamedic View Post
Why would you want to go back to UK every year. If you are moving for a new life, wouldn't it be better to leave the old one behind...You'll soon know your real friends, as they will be coming to visit you.

If someone is let out of HMP Broadmoor, they don't want to keep returning there to have a look?

PP
Don't be daft, people's friends and family cannot always visit - if my family were to fly here, thats 5 adult air fares, for me to go there and see them its one fare. And my mum can't come out, her health isn't good enough.

I know I'm not the only one in that position.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

Cor Blimey is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Is this enough for family of 3 in Perth

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian View Post
Gross $225000
Super $20250
Tax $ 70096

Net $134628

Rent $30000
Food $15-20000
Cars $20000
Flights back $15000 plus need spending $

Thats $80000 odd already gone

School, Health ins, clothes, entertainment, plus all the other stuff to enjoy life.

Sure, things can be done cheaper, but money certainly can get burnt here in Perth.
Siren & Brian, at last.....thank you very much for your reply. That's great. I'm entirely greatful for you help. I knew there was some decent people out there with no ego/Bull Shit or agendas other than to offer some advice. Thank you sincerely.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 12:16 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Siren & Brian, at last.....thank you very much for your reply. That's great. I'm entirely greatful for you help. I knew there was some decent people out there with no ego/Bull Shit or agendas other than to offer some advice. Thank you sincerely.
So that's $145k beer money, let me know if you need a hand spending all that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.