Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is this enough for family of 3 in Perth

Is this enough for family of 3 in Perth

Old Jun 28th 2012, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is this enough for family of 3 in Perth

Originally Posted by dmarkd
If you seriously need to ask this question, then you seriously do not deserve that package.
Best answer so far!
Old Jun 28th 2012, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dmarkd
If you seriously need to ask this question, then you seriously do not deserve that package.
This ^^
Old Jun 28th 2012, 10:24 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Well the day's been pretty shitty but now I'm full on depressed.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 10:51 am
Just Joined

Cor Blimey is an unknown quantity at this point

To all who find this hilliarious or a wind up......I'm so sorry for wasting your time but you can **** off. Whats the mystery?
I asked a serious question, can I afford rent, car x 2, and a flight home every year.....! To those who tried to help, THANK YOU very much for taking time to out to give advise.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 10:58 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cor Blimey
To all who find this hilliarious or a wind up......I'm so sorry for wasting your time but you can **** off. Whats the mystery?
I asked a serious question, can I afford rent, car x 2, and a flight home every year.....! To those who tried to help, THANK YOU very much for taking time to out to give advise.
Charming and welcome to BE! Bearing in mind that most people come on BE to ask if they are going to able to live on $60k for a family of four, it is surely understandable that you got the replies you did when asking about a salary that the vast majority of posters are never going to come near. Certainly no need to be abusive. Try reading the rules of BE. They're here. Both Rule 1 and 2 appear relevant.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Surely you couldnt possibly have thought that you may struggle on that salary?

Did you search online at all? Did you check rental prices? Average Aussie wage is $50-60k a year. And theres 20 odd million surviving already..

Over $100k puts you in the top 1%. So you would be miles above that. Its over 100k pounds a year.. After tax!!! (ignoring all the 2-3 times conversion rubbish)..

People get a little miffed/annoyed/jealous when some one asks a question like yours..
Old Jun 28th 2012, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

You sound like an Aussie already
Old Jun 28th 2012, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

dmarkd has a brilliant futuredmarkd has a brilliant futuredmarkd has a brilliant futuredmarkd has a brilliant futuredmarkd has a brilliant futuredmarkd has a brilliant future

The mystery is, what line of work are you in to be worth such an amount of money, yet also be incapable of figuring out if its enough to live on.

So to be clear... YES ITS ENOUGH....unless you're doing a kilo of coke a day, or have a bad gambling habit.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 12:02 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look at this thread and others like it and maybe you will understand a little - you are asking about an income of $225....
Any families in Australia living on combined gross income of less than $100,000 a yr?

Most of us dream of incomes of the level you mentioned, many of us will never even get half that amount.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

Cor Blimey is an unknown quantity at this point

jasus relax people. I had the good fortune to be offered what seems a good package......is that a crime?

Well capable of working it out. I was just looking for some guidance and help. Isn't that what the forums are for.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 1:59 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

jasus relax people. I had the good fortune to be offered what seems a good package......is that a crime?

Well capable of working it out. I was just looking for some guidance and help. Isn't that what the forums are for.
Ok then, in answer to your question, yes, that amount should be enough for a family of three in Perth which I'd say you already knew because you knew it was a good package and good fortune.

You have a very strange attitude if you don't mind me saying. First post on BE is one guaranteed to get the sort or replies you got - it's a public forum after all. Your second one is telling those same people to f off and your third is telling us to relax. And you think it's us with the attitude.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

I wrote this in the Rovers Return explaining what a drive by gloat was. You Madam, deserve a hearty golf clap.

In my ironman triathlon world the pinnacle race to qualify for is the Hawaii Ironman World Championships (it's very tough to qualify for, even at my age of 45 yrs I'd have to turn in a time of sub 9hrs 40 and I'm currently on 13.5hrs ).

So when anyone qualifies on the various forums people always put up questions that let people know they're off to Ironman Hawaii. eg: 'Which race wheels should I take to Hawaii?' or 'what sunglasses work best in Hawaii'. This is known as a 'drive by gloat'

Last edited by Tr1boy; Jun 28th 2012 at 2:58 pm.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

dmarkd has a brilliant futuredmarkd has a brilliant futuredmarkd has a brilliant futuredmarkd has a brilliant futuredmarkd has a brilliant futuredmarkd has a brilliant future

What guidance and help were you looking for? Looks like you were asking - is 225k enough Yes/No. And thats the answer you got!

Really....it's a question that didn't need asking!
Old Jun 28th 2012, 4:22 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
I wrote this in the Rovers Return explaining what a drive by gloat was. You Madam, deserve a hearty golf clap.

In my ironman triathlon world the pinnacle race to qualify for is the Hawaii Ironman World Championships (it's very tough to qualify for, even at my age of 45 yrs I'd have to turn in a time of sub 9hrs 40 and I'm currently on 13.5hrs ).

So when anyone qualifies on the various forums people always put up questions that let people know they're off to Ironman Hawaii. eg: 'Which race wheels should I take to Hawaii?' or 'what sunglasses work best in Hawaii'. This is known as a 'drive by gloat'
Old Jun 28th 2012, 7:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

No I still dont believe it was a genuine question, it was either a wind up or a gloat as somebody suggested. Nobody could have the ability to command this salary, but not be able to do some simple sums, see what it might equate to and then need to ask this question.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.