Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

English Weather (again!!!)

English Weather (again!!!)

Old May 26th 2003, 12:56 pm
We arrived november 2004

kentcoast is an unknown quantity at this point
Default English Weather (again!!!)

Just wanted to redress the balance a bit for the sake of the ex-pats coming back to blighty.

It's a bank holiday monday and the weather here in Kent is absolutely perfect - no folks I'm not kidding, it's one of those ideal late spring days that we're probably going to miss in Oz, clear blue sky, not too hot, gentle hint of a breeze and birds singing their hearts out in the trees in the garden.

Of course, there is a down side (there has to be doesn't there). Days like this are so rare that my lazy slob-around day off has gone out the window as I now struggle to rebuild the step to the garden, fix the BBQ, weed'n'feed the lawn, clear out the pond and do all the other jobs that get put off because of the weather, not to mention the 40 minutes I've spent queuing to get to the checkout in a heaving DIY store with all the other saps who didn't dream that they'd be able to get any outdoor jobs done today.

Ah well, back to it - might even manage to eat outdoors tonight.

Perry
Old May 26th 2003, 3:23 pm
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice
Default Re: English Weather (again!!!)

How are yer Perry-when you've finished,pop round and cut my lawn-I'll let you use my Mums 20 % B&Q discount card if you do !

It's not too warm in Addo-around 16,but nice n sunny-now wearing socks with me thongs-I'll let you picture if I mean flip flops or my M n S specials
Will send you a PM

BB-They'll be sewerage under the White Cliffs of Dover
Old May 26th 2003, 3:54 pm
We arrived november 2004

kentcoast is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by baldbutts
How are yer Perry-when you've finished,pop round and cut my lawn-I'll let you use my Mums 20 % B&Q discount card if you do !

It's not too warm in Addo-around 16,but nice n sunny-now wearing socks with me thongs-I'll let you picture if I mean flip flops or my M n S specials
Will send you a PM

BB-They'll be sewerage under the White Cliffs of Dover
I'll get back via PM or email but in the meantime damn fine to hear from you - I've been keeping up to date with the BB Chronicles as and when they're published here (got to look after your chronicles you know!!) but I'm sure you've got other things to do...

Driven Grub to the bottle yet?

Try to leave some beer in adelaide for me.

As for the lawn mowing..... Now what's the word I'm looking for?

Pip Pip

Perry

Perry
Old May 26th 2003, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

Jon&Ann is an unknown quantity at this point

The weather here is also a scorcher, mind you it is mostly always nice on the Isle of wight. It times like this i wish i had a nice boat just to drift along

Jon
Old May 26th 2003, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi had a few minutes of sun between the clouds and the breeze decidedly chilly in Derbyshire. Glad we didn't do the car boot yersterday or today dodging spots of rain.

Can't wait to be in Adelaide BB, you there when we arrive July 2nd?

Mash
Originally posted by kentcoast
Just wanted to redress the balance a bit for the sake of the ex-pats coming back to blighty.

It's a bank holiday monday and the weather here in Kent is absolutely perfect - no folks I'm not kidding, it's one of those ideal late spring days that we're probably going to miss in Oz, clear blue sky, not too hot, gentle hint of a breeze and birds singing their hearts out in the trees in the garden.

Of course, there is a down side (there has to be doesn't there). Days like this are so rare that my lazy slob-around day off has gone out the window as I now struggle to rebuild the step to the garden, fix the BBQ, weed'n'feed the lawn, clear out the pond and do all the other jobs that get put off because of the weather, not to mention the 40 minutes I've spent queuing to get to the checkout in a heaving DIY store with all the other saps who didn't dream that they'd be able to get any outdoor jobs done today.

Ah well, back to it - might even manage to eat outdoors tonight.

Perry
Old May 26th 2003, 4:42 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Another 30 degree C day in our bit of Europe, no BBQ though, on toddler duty.

Cheers - Don