Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

English sweet shop in Caloundra

English sweet shop in Caloundra

Old Dec 12th 2007, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

brasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant future
Default English sweet shop in Caloundra

Just thought I would let you all know...(no doubt everyone knows already) I was in the High Street In Caloundra today and went into a shop called "The Fudge Kitchen"..... wow! English londoners have bought it and are selling loads of english chocolate, cadbury, thorntons...(havnt had thorntons in 3 years.... yummy!)Wotsits crisps and others... i spent over $120 on just chocolate and crisps... thats my christmas goodies bought for the kids(and me), I know where I will be visiting again!!!... oh yes and got english mustartd and HP fruity sauce but to name a few...I know i am sad, but certainly mad me happy....easily pleased.... just needed some nice cheap alchohol and i wouldnt have left the shop at all......
Old Dec 12th 2007, 10:46 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English sweet shop in Caloundra

Originally Posted by brasso
Just thought I would let you all know...(no doubt everyone knows already) I was in the High Street In Caloundra today and went into a shop called "The Fudge Kitchen"..... wow! English londoners have bought it and are selling loads of english chocolate, cadbury, thorntons...(havnt had thorntons in 3 years.... yummy!)Wotsits crisps and others... i spent over $120 on just chocolate and crisps... thats my christmas goodies bought for the kids(and me), I know where I will be visiting again!!!... oh yes and got english mustartd and HP fruity sauce but to name a few...I know i am sad, but certainly mad me happy....easily pleased.... just needed some nice cheap alchohol and i wouldnt have left the shop at all......
Do they have Sandwich Spread? Weird yearning of the month. Have satisfied my Polo craving, only to have it replaced with a need for Sandwich Spread. The Bloke keeps suggesting things he thinks may be similar, but I could be in for a long wait till February to get some.
Old Dec 12th 2007, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried little continental shops for the sandwhich spread? I found some in one, unfortunately it didn't live up to my memories!
Old Dec 12th 2007, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

GaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really nice

They are selling Thorntons in our local supermarkets and they have HP sauce in more than one place too.

Cadburys chocolate is everywhere round here (Toowoomba, QLD).

To be honest, we've been able to find just about everything we used to eat in the UK, and it has also been great fun trying local produce too.
Old Dec 12th 2007, 12:39 pm
Account Closed

Machiavelli is an unknown quantity at this point

The British shop in Comino's arcade Redcliffe, are also selling Thorntons.

Worth the visit to speak to the lovely lady who runs the teashop.

My kids love her, and her husband.

Shop all now nicely dec'd out for Christmas. They must be doing a roaring trade, taking over shop next door.

We've had some lovely lunches there.

Old Dec 12th 2007, 1:27 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GaryKristensen
They are selling Thorntons in our local supermarkets and they have HP sauce in more than one place too.

Cadburys chocolate is everywhere round here (Toowoomba, QLD).

To be honest, we've been able to find just about everything we used to eat in the UK, and it has also been great fun trying local produce too.
But is it English cadburys?The Aussie cadburys is different - more cocoa so it doesn't melt so quick. And even then there are subtle differences between Tas/Vic/Qld cadburys - no, I'm no expert, but I went out with a guy who worked in production at Hobart Cadburys, and was also told when I did the tour there.
Old Dec 12th 2007, 1:37 pm
Account Closed

Machiavelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
But is it English cadburys?The Aussie cadburys is different - more cocoa so it doesn't melt so quick. And even then there are subtle differences between Tas/Vic/Qld cadburys - no, I'm no expert, but I went out with a guy who worked in production at Hobart Cadburys, and was also told when I did the tour there.
My Australian friend told me that Australia has different "laws" as regards ingredients, that's why chocolate etc. doesn't taste the same.
Old Dec 12th 2007, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

brasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant future

Defo difference in the chocolate... the packet of minstrals was yummy... had to eat the 3 packets i bought... I know... yes real pig!!! My 11 year old remembered the Wotsits crisps and couldnt eat them quick enough... Remember the cadbury chocolate fingers... they havnt lasted long either and they were meant for xmas...ooopppssss!!!! Better not go to Caloundra too often, wont fit into my swimmers otherwise...
Old Dec 12th 2007, 8:25 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Any British foodie places this far south in QLD? it'd be fun to get some treats in for Chrissy.
Old Dec 12th 2007, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

The Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of light

Do they have Sandwich Spread? Weird yearning of the month. Have satisfied my Polo craving, only to have it replaced with a need for Sandwich Spread. The Bloke keeps suggesting things he thinks may be similar, but I could be in for a long wait till February to get some.
Hello
They have sandwich spread at our local IGA supermarket.
Sue
Old Dec 12th 2007, 9:31 pm
Precociously Stupid

TsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Nerine
Any British foodie places this far south in QLD? it'd be fun to get some treats in for Chrissy.
Yes, but I don't remember!!!

If you come up to Brissy, there's one in the Myer centre (Chocolate Boulevard, just off the food court), One in Anzac Square (Sweet Station, i think, on the way to the tunnel to the train station) and one in Garden City (top floor, in the middle, called Candy Station or something similar).

All of these sell UK, NZ, US and AUS sweets/chocolates and aren't as good as the ones up north (not enough poms here!) but

there used to be an english supermarket in Holland Park run by an english couple, they used to sell frozen yorkshire pudding! Holland Park's a pain to get to unless you live in the area (Brisbane public transport is like the Roman Empire: All roads lead to the centre, so screw you if you want to go next door) which I think is one of the reasons they shut down before I got there

If there's anything else Southside - or Hinterland - tell me, please
Old Dec 13th 2007, 12:47 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by TsukinoDeynatsu
Yes, but I don't remember!!!

If you come up to Brissy, there's one in the Myer centre (Chocolate Boulevard, just off the food court), One in Anzac Square (Sweet Station, i think, on the way to the tunnel to the train station) and one in Garden City (top floor, in the middle, called Candy Station or something similar).

All of these sell UK, NZ, US and AUS sweets/chocolates and aren't as good as the ones up north (not enough poms here!) but

there used to be an english supermarket in Holland Park run by an english couple, they used to sell frozen yorkshire pudding! Holland Park's a pain to get to unless you live in the area (Brisbane public transport is like the Roman Empire: All roads lead to the centre, so screw you if you want to go next door) which I think is one of the reasons they shut down before I got there

If there's anything else Southside - or Hinterland - tell me, please
Frozen Yorkshire Puddings - try Aldi
Old Dec 13th 2007, 12:47 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by The Bevs
Hello
They have sandwich spread at our local IGA supermarket.
Sue
Long way from Brisbane though
Old Dec 13th 2007, 1:12 am

chopsface will become famous soon enoughchopsface will become famous soon enough

Long way from Brisbane though
Does anyone know if you can get steak and kidney puddings anywhere? I'd love a chippy tea!!
Old Dec 13th 2007, 1:20 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

I popped into a UK selling sweet shop not far from me the last week. Me and the kids bought bags full of Cadbury choc's, crisps, nuts...the only problem was, was that most of the stuff was out of date, especially the Prawn crisps, one year over
We spent $30 on the stuff too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.