Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

English sparks job hunting

English sparks job hunting

Old Mar 22nd 2006, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of light
Default English sparks job hunting

Hi, Could anyone tell me how difficult it is getting work in and around Perth as a sparks, I know you have to get your license and that can take some time.
So is it difficult to get some kind of job without the license, and is that difficult, I'm thinking because of employers would rather employ an Ausie Sparks
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English sparks job hunting

Originally Posted by ukdarren22
Hi, Could anyone tell me how difficult it is getting work in and around Perth as a sparks, I know you have to get your license and that can take some time.
So is it difficult to get some kind of job without the license, and is that difficult, I'm thinking because of employers would rather employ an Ausie Sparks

We are heading to Sydney but what Darren did was register with careerone and a few other agencies and sent them all a copy of his CV. They have been really helpful and sent him all the relevant paperwork to get his license transfered over.

They seem to think that he will get a job no problem and have already spoke to him about a couple at Sydney airport. You should register with the agencies, you never know it might help.

Good luck.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of light

Oh cool thanks that does not sound too bad!!!
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 3:12 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukdarren22

info as required part one

regards Steve
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
TRA contact sheet.pdf (14.2 KB, 127 views)
File Type: pdf
otherlicence2005_form11.pdf (162.5 KB, 125 views)
File Type: doc
planes info focus.doc (60.5 KB, 90 views)
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

jimtracey is an unknown quantity at this point

I too am a 'spark, (a Scot though), and emigrating this July, but I'm heading for Melbourne. Any links to agencies that other electricians have used and found useful would be appreciated.
Jim
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 3:15 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimtracey
I too am a 'spark and emigrating this July, but I'm heading for Melbourne. Any links to agencies that other electricians have used and found useful would be appreciated.
Jim
the biggest hurdle is the licence application see my earlier post mate

regards Steve
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimtracey
I too am a 'spark, (a Scot though), and emigrating this July, but I'm heading for Melbourne. Any links to agencies that other electricians have used and found useful would be appreciated.
Jim

Careerone and jobsearch.gov.au. I think. Sorry i dont know how to do links for you.