Reload this Page >

English, Scottish, British, Welsh or Aussie

English, Scottish, British, Welsh or Aussie

Old Sep 19th 2003, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

DaisyNZ is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by dracupg
Nice to see the suffragettes weren’t wasting their time

You can vote in NZ without becoming a citizen, if that is the point you were making. I think the only thing I couldn't do is play sport for their country, not much chance of that. Kiwis see us residents as citizens anyway, there's so darn many of us. Applications for ANYTHING ask if you are a permanent resident, not citizen. As far as they are concerned, that is the question. Thank goodness.
Old Sep 21st 2003, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

welshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to all

I'll always be a Welsh Girl (with a bit of Irish - from my mother).
Old Sep 21st 2003, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

I am English Hubby is Scottish and if we have kids out there they would be ozzy's we'd all have different accents, Scots are very patriotic, here though hubby says my accent will change when we get there as I find an OZZy accent easy to mimick.

My heart will always belong in Lancashire, and I suppose hubby's in Perth (Scotland)
Old Sep 24th 2004, 9:51 am
PommieLeague

Default Re: English, Scottish, British, Welsh or Aussie

Manchester born, therefore 100% British! full stop!

Old Sep 24th 2004, 9:59 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English, Scottish, British, Welsh, Irish, Northern Irish or Aussie

Hi BP

Well I consider myself as a Geordie first, a European second, Irish then English. A confusing mix

Walla
Old Sep 24th 2004, 10:08 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

MY Aussie hubby has just applied for his British Citizenship, I keep telling him it's gonna make him a Pom which hasn't made him too happy.

When I get my Australian Citizenship I supose I will be half British and half Aussie. but deep down I'll always be half English (mum) and Half Scottish (dad)

Kala
Old Sep 24th 2004, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Born in Jersey, Channel Islands, have lived in Shetland, Bournemouth, Birmingham, twice in NZ and twice in Oz. For the last 13 years I've been in Scotland. My dad says we're "south-sea island poms", I say "mongrels". I have dual citizenship, and consider myself and English person who's had a temporary visa for Scotland, but who's heart is in Oz.
Old Sep 24th 2004, 11:20 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm London born of Irish parents, which makes me British. Though I'll happily obtain Aussie citizenship when the time comes, even though it means having to vote for the first time in my life!

So call me English or Irish, I really don't mind, they're just labels, much used & abused by some.......
Old Sep 25th 2004, 12:56 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Scottish
Old Sep 25th 2004, 1:24 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kala
MY Aussie hubby has just applied for his British Citizenship, I keep telling him it's gonna make him a Pom which hasn't made him too happy.
The Scots, Welsh, Northern Irish, Manx, Channel Islanders and about ten other territorial nationalities are British - but they're not Poms.

Jeremy
Old Sep 25th 2004, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

helenmaine is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bondipom
How do you regard yourself, English, Scottish, British, Welsh, Irish, Northern Irish, Australian or does it really matter?

Have you changed allegiances since getting down under and what has devolution meant to your national identity?

This isn't about sport and is more about general attitudes to life and cultural habits.

Tricky. Half welsh half english.. 2 years in the US and now aus. Probably british.......
Old Sep 25th 2004, 5:46 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helenmaine
Tricky. Half welsh half english.. 2 years in the US and now aus. Probably british.......
or a gypsy
Old Sep 25th 2004, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all

Legally im 50% Swiss, 50% Italian. but, i never lived in Italy, cant speak Italian. Spent a few years in OZ, speak OZ, constantly refer to OZ and say "us, Australians". I get goosebumps when I meet aussies....

Went to school in Switzerland, moved to OZ with my parents when I was 10, stayed not long enough, returned to Switzerland, lost our PR, graduated from High School, went to OZ to work for a year, came back to Switzerland, went to uni (undergrad), worked here for a while, went to OZ, did my postgrad, applied for residency (offshore) and I am now back in my freezing swiss ski resort waiting for grant!

I feel Swiss and Aussie (aussie family and is a big part of my life). I speak English like a true blue Aussie, people here in switzerland ask me howcome my French is so good for an Australian... nice huh? My boyfriend is Canadian and continuously makes fun of my accent. My aussies friends consider me Aussie.

Hard thing is, I love my home town (www.verbier.ch - if you are thinking about a skiing holiday) but I love OZ. When I am here I wanna be there and vice-versa...

All in all, as my boyfriend says, im INSANE!!!

Have a great weekend!

fabie
Old Sep 25th 2004, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

Gareth W is on a distinguished road

Yorkshire
Old Sep 25th 2004, 2:37 pm
Misery guts

LordSnotty is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a citizen of the world - so long as they don't send me to Iraq - or Cumbernauld.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.