Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

english schools in australia?

english schools in australia?

Old Oct 21st 2006, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default english schools in australia?

My son is doing his A levels. We haven't flogged our house yet in the UK so it looks like we wont get over there before the start of the school year in Oz. I dont want to mess up his education and I was wondering if any one knows of schools or colleges in OZ where he could finish them? I couldn't find anything in google.

many thanks

Chris
Old Oct 21st 2006, 10:37 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: english schools in australia?

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
My son is doing his A levels. We haven't flogged our house yet in the UK so it looks like we wont get over there before the start of the school year in Oz. I dont want to mess up his education and I was wondering if any one knows of schools or colleges in OZ where he could finish them? I couldn't find anything in google.

many thanks

Chris
Think you would have to give people an idea of what state and what area of that state if they are to tell you as there are loads about. A lot of them do an equivalent of 6th form in the UK as well.

As the school year here starts January he may actually go back by about 5 months when he gets here as well to be in his age equivalent year.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 3:07 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by annqldau

As the school year here starts January he may actually go back by about 5 months when he gets here as well to be in his age equivalent year.

...which could be an advantage!
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 8:24 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iPom
...which could be an advantage!
Just peed my son off and made him bored as they were doing stuff he'd done before, the fact that he couldn't always do what they had done before didn't seem to dawn on him... .
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 8:26 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Just peed my son off and made him bored as they were doing stuff he'd done before, the fact that he couldn't always do what they had done before didn't seem to dawn on him... .

Crikey, if I'd gone back to A level days and someone offered me another 5 months to get the revision in, I'd be at it like a shot!
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Think you would have to give people an idea of what state and what area of that state if they are to tell you as there are loads about. A lot of them do an equivalent of 6th form in the UK as well.

Adelaide and Melbourne are the two destinations in mind.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 4:53 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: english schools in australia?

Send him to a school which offers the International Baccalaureate.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
he's already doing his A levels, and if we can't get there before the start of the new school year it will screw with his education. Thats why I'm asking where the schools are that use the english system. Things are going to be tough enough for a 17 year old moving to a new country without messing up his education as well.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 9:25 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: english schools in australia?

he's already doing his A levels, and if we can't get there before the start of the new school year it will screw with his education. Thats why I'm asking where the schools are that use the english system. Things are going to be tough enough for a 17 year old moving to a new country without messing up his education as well.
Let me get this straight. You are asking people for a list of Australian schools which use the English education system. Correct?

Now, before we continue, could you give me a list of English schools which use the Australian system?
Old Oct 24th 2006, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

hi Chris

Unfortunately you might find a school teaching the British curriculum hard to find. As you say you have already looked on google.

Is there any way you can stay in the Uk until your son finishes his A levels, or maybe he can stay there until he finishes and then join you at a later date?

Otherwise, your only option might be the Australian equivalent qualification or the IB.

Sorry not to be more help.

Rudi
Old Oct 24th 2006, 2:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

My son was supposed to do this qualification in the UK (the school scrapped it at the last minute as they weren't ready for it! )

I have to agree with Vash, the IB qualification would be a good option. It is far superior to A levels and means that he will be internationally recognised, a good thing in my book, especially with parents who live abroad. It will give him the opportunity to work almost anywhere in the world.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 2:32 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Let me get this straight. You are asking people for a list of Australian schools which use the English education system. Correct?

Now, before we continue, could you give me a list of English schools which use the Australian system?

Easy there tiger...
Old Oct 24th 2006, 2:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

many thanks

Chris
We brought one over around that age, he went back and did grade 11 and 12 of the australian system. Would have been too messy to do half of one system and then try and do half a course of the australian system.

IB is very limited on places, very hard to get into and most of the kids who did it were overseas paying asian students who are known for their dedication to study.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 5:43 am
Fighting my corner

Thumbs up Re: english schools in australia?

Originally Posted by Wendy
My son was supposed to do this qualification in the UK (the school scrapped it at the last minute as they weren't ready for it! )

I have to agree with Vash, the IB qualification would be a good option. It is far superior to A levels and means that he will be internationally recognised, a good thing in my book, especially with parents who live abroad. It will give him the opportunity to work almost anywhere in the world.
Thanks Wendy.

I really do think it is the best alternative for Poms Down Under who wish to give their kids a good education but don't want to use the Aussie system.

I have worked in a school which offered the IB, and was very impressed by what I saw.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 5:43 am
Fighting my corner

Lightbulb Re: english schools in australia?

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Easy there tiger...
I had to ask.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.