Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

english rules soccer

Wikiposts

english rules soccer

Old May 15th 2005, 6:51 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Default english rules soccer

Are there soccer clubs out there ie: Rockingham, for 13 year olds?

My son is a very successful goalie in UK and we are hoping to be in Oz by the end of the next soccer season. I know that he will be heartbroken if he is unable to play in goal. His ambition is to get Australian citizenship and then have both England and Australia competing to have him as their country's goalie in the world cup.

He is also a keen basketball player, karate, cricket and tennis player. If it involves sport and not homework then he is interested No seriously, he is actually very bright and I would like to know what it is like getting a scholarship to a private school there.

My husband is a plumber and we are just waiting to hear back from TRA. I have a sister in Wellard who is sponsoring us. We are biting our nails to get the TRA back ok as my husband we be 45 at the beginning of Sept so we need to get this right first time :scared:

Nervous and excited at the same time. This is a brill website.

Anne
Old May 15th 2005, 1:59 pm
GLR
Forum Regular

GLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: english rules soccer

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Are there soccer clubs out there ie: Rockingham, for 13 year olds?

My son is a very successful goalie in UK and we are hoping to be in Oz by the end of the next soccer season. I know that he will be heartbroken if he is unable to play in goal. His ambition is to get Australian citizenship and then have both England and Australia competing to have him as their country's goalie in the world cup.

He is also a keen basketball player, karate, cricket and tennis player. If it involves sport and not homework then he is interested No seriously, he is actually very bright and I would like to know what it is like getting a scholarship to a private school there.

My husband is a plumber and we are just waiting to hear back from TRA. I have a sister in Wellard who is sponsoring us. We are biting our nails to get the TRA back ok as my husband we be 45 at the beginning of Sept so we need to get this right first time :scared:

Nervous and excited at the same time. This is a brill website.

Anne
I can't speak for Rockingham in particular but you really don't need to worry as the Aussies are sport mad as a nation. Football (soccer) is one of the biggest participant sports here, particularly for children so there are thousands of teams that he could play for.

As for playing football for Australia or England - tough choice!

GLR
Old May 15th 2005, 5:47 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

IT'S FOOTBALL NOT SOCCER !!!!
Old May 15th 2005, 6:02 pm
ABCDiamond

Try this link for more info:
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/...menuItemID=286

Old May 15th 2005, 6:12 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by fraser
ABSOLUTELY RIGHT - SEE:

Old May 15th 2005, 6:13 pm
PommieLeague

Its soccer full stop! Rugby League is Football and Aerial Ping Pong (AFL)is also Football sadly.
Soccer comes from 'Association'

Old May 15th 2005, 6:23 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PommieLeague
Its soccer full stop! Rugby League is Football and Aerial Ping Pong (AFL)is also Football sadly.

Association Football end off.

Rugby league isn't even real rugby.
Old May 15th 2005, 6:28 pm
ABCDiamond

It is now officially called "football" and the web site for it is http://www.footballaustralia.com.au

Thursday December 16, 2004 Courtesy of the Australian Soccer Association

Australian Soccer Association Chairman Mr Frank Lowy today announced the organization would be changing its name to Football Federation Australia effective 1 January 2005. http://sportsaustralia.com/articles/...artid2442.html

Old May 15th 2005, 7:41 pm
PommieLeague

Association Football end off.

Rugby league isn't even real rugby.
Oh how dry! What is it then cricket? Derrr!!!

Old May 15th 2005, 8:30 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

What is it then cricket? Derrr!!!
no not cricket, just shit
Old May 15th 2005, 11:40 pm
Just Joined

Swagman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
It is now officially called "football" and the web site for it is http://www.footballaustralia.com.au
..and the day will come when on Sports Tonight we get the sports round up starting with the football scores...then the Rugby League scores...then the Rugby Union Scores...and finally the AFL scores.... and the F in AFL will not stand for Football :-)
Old May 16th 2005, 2:13 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Just trying to get into Oz speak already. Although I suppose it's a bit much to expect a West Ham supporter to understand that
Old May 16th 2005, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Just trying to get into Oz speak already. Although I suppose it's a bit much to expect a West Ham supporter to understand that

Harsh very harsh
Old May 16th 2005, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by soapy
no not cricket, just shit
In a nutshell
Old May 16th 2005, 10:20 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

In a nutshell
now and again someones gotta remind them

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.