Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

English Mineral Water...

English Mineral Water...

Old May 16th 2011, 5:15 am
Just Joined

Britannia2 will become famous soon enoughBritannia2 will become famous soon enough
Default English Mineral Water...

Does anyone know where I could purchase any type of English/British bottled water such as Harrogate Spring, Buxton,Highland Spring etc here in Perth? The closest I can get is Evian which of course is French!

Reason for asking? I seemed to have clearer skin when I was drinking these types of water at home on a recent visit. Let's not forget the sentimental angle too--a drop of home in a bottle....

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old May 16th 2011, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

Phlanger has a brilliant futurePhlanger has a brilliant futurePhlanger has a brilliant futurePhlanger has a brilliant futurePhlanger has a brilliant futurePhlanger has a brilliant future
Default Re: English Mineral Water...

Sure its the different water and not the climate?

I notice my skin is drier since I haven't been able to get McEwans Export.

Water? Pfft.
Old May 16th 2011, 9:31 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Britannia2
Does anyone know where I could purchase any type of English/British bottled water such as Harrogate Spring, Buxton,Highland Spring etc here in Perth? The closest I can get is Evian which of course is French!

Reason for asking? I seemed to have clearer skin when I was drinking these types of water at home on a recent visit. Let's not forget the sentimental angle too--a drop of home in a bottle....

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
This is a joke right? This just taking things toooooo far!
Old May 16th 2011, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Sending water to the otherside of the world....that will help our carbon emmissions!
Old May 16th 2011, 9:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
Sending water to the otherside of the world....that will help our carbon emmissions!
But shipping beer and wine (and millions of others things) is ok?
Old May 17th 2011, 5:38 am
Just Joined

Britannia2 will become famous soon enoughBritannia2 will become famous soon enough

Obviously picked the wrong place to ask for help.
If there is a better place to be taken seriously on this one, perhaps someone could direct me to it?

B.T.W. If trying to get English mineral water is so b#**dy daft why are they importing Evian which is from France???
Old May 17th 2011, 6:35 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

If there is a better place to be taken seriously on this one, perhaps someone could direct me to it?

B.T.W. If trying to get English mineral water is so b#**dy daft why are they importing Evian which is from France???
Honestly, over the years people have asked for sources of most British/Irish food and drink, but I don't remember anyone asking for water before. Its unusual, and I don't think anyone has a serious answer to it or someone would've posted by now.
I don't know Perth at all, but if someone was asking in Brisbane I would suggest phoning all the British & Irish shops in the area, see if any of them stock it or can get it.
There's also online suppliers like http://www.treatsfromhome.com.au/ who might be worth a go, but I don't recall seeing any English water anywhere, sorry.
Old May 17th 2011, 7:37 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Because through very clever marketing, Evian have created a worldwide label. The majority of UK waters are small independents who are happy to stay that way.

I would suggest, quite seriously, that it was nothing to do with the water. That it was probably more to do with the fact that you were in a different climate and you were very happy to be there.
Old May 17th 2011, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

njk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of light

I must confess I didn't know water had a nationality.

You learn something new every day on BE

But seriously, actually no, there is no seriously - just a WTF..
Old May 17th 2011, 10:06 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Ever been to Buxton?
Ever seen the water coming out of the hillside into the drinking troughs?

Well if you haven't I can tell you its orange. There is so much iron in it, it would be illegal to put into the water system... but you can filter it, stick it in a plastic bottle, crank the price right up and then sell it as a "pure natural mineral water".
Funny really.