Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

english hgv driver to aus qld license change?

english hgv driver to aus qld license change?

Old Jan 1st 2008, 11:37 pm
Just Joined

wayneand tegan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default english hgv driver to aus qld license change?

im 30 year old english hgv class 1 truck driver 6 years also psv (coach) license 8 years and adr (hazardous goods) license 2 years , applying to move to aus in mid 2008 once sis is finally there, girlfriend/fiance (24) also coming and has painting/decorating quals using these to get in, once we're there how do i go on changing my licenses over ? what training and tests involved? any medical tests? are the tests as bad/easy as english? what job prospects are there? in what area's? sis moving to mudgeeraba we're looking for area to house horse too so are looking in surroundings of mount tamborine, many thanks
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 12:21 am
KLF
What Time is Love

KLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: english hgv driver to aus qld license change?

Originally Posted by wayneand tegan
im 30 year old english hgv class 1 truck driver 6 years also psv (coach) license 8 years and adr (hazardous goods) license 2 years , applying to move to aus in mid 2008 once sis is finally there, girlfriend/fiance (24) also coming and has painting/decorating quals using these to get in, once we're there how do i go on changing my licenses over ? what training and tests involved? any medical tests? are the tests as bad/easy as english? what job prospects are there? in what area's? sis moving to mudgeeraba we're looking for area to house horse too so are looking in surroundings of mount tamborine, many thanks
Send a Private Message to FluffyTheCampfireSlayer regarding the HGV.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/member.php?u=46731

I'm sure he's done it.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 1:06 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

You need to PM Fluffythecampfireslayer who you will find in this thread for speed... http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=494250 and 232Bar who you will find on this thread... http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=497810 both did their HGV conversions in the Redcliffe area of Aus from the UK license and Fluffy should have up to date wages (he also presently resides in Redcliffe).

Both went with Ian Watsons to convert see http://www.ianwatson.net/index.php/3

other than that can't help you at all, as I'm not a trucker but would advise you think about buying a 4 X 4 once you get here as we meet up regular around that area for fun days out....

There are two of you with similar threads, my comment is the same on both, see also... http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=502484
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

sherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nice

Hi wayne n tegan,
What a small world, we originally from north staffs, and have friends here from Bradeley, who we used to meet for BExps meetings at the Moorland Inn Smallthorne before we came!!
we have now been in Oz 2 an a bit years and live in mudgeeraba, love the area on the egde of the country yet very near the shops in Robina, if you want horse acreage look at bonogin, tallebudgera and lots of other areas in the GC hinterland.

We are not into hgv but i work as a migration agent and have heard of a company in Yatala just north of the gold coast who do some courses that convert your UK hgv to australian see www.modts.com.au
f you want anymore info send us a PM

Lots of taxi and courier/airport transfer work on the coast, not sure about hgv though

best wishes with it all,

sherie

Last edited by sherie_in_oz; Jan 2nd 2008 at 9:59 am.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

goingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nice

http://www.qld.gov.au/services_for_q..._vehicles.html
i've seen hgv mentioned here, hope it helps