British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   English food shops nr Brisbane (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/english-food-shops-nr-brisbane-333295/)

jwatsonoz Oct 24th 2005 1:38 pm

English food shops nr Brisbane

Hi,

I was wondering where to buy my paxo, mushy peas and Jaffa cakes this xmas. I know there is a small selection of English stuff in the city (wintergardens?) but I wondered if there is somewhere better. (tiny selection, expensive)

somebody mentioned that there was another English shop somewhere at the GC. We visit GC quite a bit...does anybody know where it is and if it is any good?

thanks,

MrsDagboy Oct 24th 2005 2:11 pm

Re: English food shops nr Brisbane

Originally Posted by jwatsonoz
Hi,

I was wondering where to buy my paxo, mushy peas and Jaffa cakes this xmas. I know there is a small selection of English stuff in the city (wintergardens?) but I wondered if there is somewhere better. (tiny selection, expensive)

somebody mentioned that there was another English shop somewhere at the GC. We visit GC quite a bit...does anybody know where it is and if it is any good?

thanks,

Hi Jay, theres one at Loganholme (www.highlandflingproducts.com ) & one at Sanctuary Cove (right down near the marina if you go in, its a chocolate shop).

Theres also one at Robina I think, but I dont know where.

jwatsonoz Oct 25th 2005 12:53 am

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Hi Jay, theres one at Loganholme (www.highlandflingproducts.com ) & one at Sanctuary Cove (right down near the marina if you go in, its a chocolate shop).

Theres also one at Robina I think, but I dont know where.

thanks!

I can't wait to try a scotch egg again

MrsDagboy Oct 25th 2005 12:58 am

thanks!

I can't wait to try a scotch egg again

Jay, there is also a guy called Wenz from this forum who makes pork pies & scotch eggs etc & sells them at the Powerhouse markets (I presume he still does it?). Might want to pop down there & see if he's there one weekend, it would probably be closer for you.

Do a search for his name on here if you want the details.

jwatsonoz Oct 25th 2005 1:03 am

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Jay, there is also a guy called Wenz from this forum who makes pork pies & scotch eggs etc & sells them at the Powerhouse markets (I presume he still does it?). Might want to pop down there & see if he's there one weekend, it would probably be closer for you.

Do a search for his name on here if you want the details.

this is great... we are just over the river from there (short ferry trip). I'll look him up...

spalen Oct 25th 2005 1:25 am

this is great... we are just over the river from there (short ferry trip). I'll look him up...

Our coles do mushy peas, liqourice allsorts, stuff like that. And apparently you can buy bisto gravy rebranded as ooh gravy - its made in england by bisto and is 100% the same just rebranded for aussie market. They also sell marmite.

Its in the international food section which is small enough to miss by blinking - maybe your coles has one too ;-)

Wenz Oct 25th 2005 4:50 am

Hi Jay,
Yes please come on down..we'll be at Indooroopilly Farmers Market (kate Street..in the School grounds) on Sunday 6th Nov, and then New Farm Farmers market (lamington Street) on Saturday 12th November.
Pork pies, Pasties, Scotch eggs, Eccles cakes etc. :)
Hopefully we'll see you there one sunny morn'.

Wenz