English food

Old Jul 12th 2004, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

Prestons is an unknown quantity at this point
Default English food

Hi

A friend in NZ has e-mailed me today with details of a new shop in Wellington that sells English food:

www.coolbritannia.co.nz

They even sell Bisto gravy granules (mmmm....!) & Walkers Crisps - anyway, I vaguely remember reading something on this forum ages ago about a similar shop in Brisbane. Does anyone remember it?

Dawn
Old Jul 12th 2004, 9:57 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English food

Hi Dawn,
There's an ad at the bottom of the thread for all kinds of uk food
If your a fully paid up member you may not see the adds.
Sean
Old Jul 12th 2004, 10:15 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dawn, I think the one you mean is the one at Loganholme, dont remember the name of it offhand, but Ceri has mentioned it a few times if you want to trawl through her posts .

Actually I think BrisNick also may know it? Or you could send either of them a PM if they dont see this thread or no-one else knows the answer I guess.
Old Jul 12th 2004, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Hi Dawn, I think the one you mean is the one at Loganholme, dont remember the name of it offhand, but Ceri has mentioned it a few times if you want to trawl through her posts .

Actually I think BrisNick also may know it? Or you could send either of them a PM if they dont see this thread or no-one else knows the answer I guess.

Thanks Mrs D

I think I remember it being Loganholme too -will have a search.

Thanks Sean - I have found online companies, but one was charging around £46 for delivery!!!

I know I sound really sad, but there's just them little things you miss.....
Old Jul 12th 2004, 12:16 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

What are you after Dawn?
Should have put your order in before we went, I had room in the suitcase

michaela
Old Jul 12th 2004, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by mcmercer
What are you after Dawn?
Should have put your order in before we went, I had room in the suitcase

michaela

Hi Michaela

How was the trip?

Not really after anything in particular - just the list from the NZ shop set me thinking, it would be nice if we had something similar. Just for the occasional treat! Did a search and found the shop in Loganholme but the website isn't working so it's probably closed down.

Never mind, just have to stop being a whingeing pom!
Old Jul 12th 2004, 12:41 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Expected to bring loads of stuff back for the same reason but wasnt really bothered enough when it came to it....its only when you're here that you fancy things isnt it! Was quite partial to the new feta cheese walkers crisps though
Trip was great, hope to catch up with you soon,
Michaela x
Old Jul 12th 2004, 11:04 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

There's a sweet (loolly) shop in the Myer Centre that does a limted amount of UK stuff, I have bought Penguins and Walkers crsips there, they also do Blackpool and Edingburgh rock and some tea (Yorkshire).

This place in Sydney is good:

http://www.treatsfromhome.com.au/

OMG, just noticed theyre expecting Hellman's late July!
Old Jul 12th 2004, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

ScuntoBris will become famous soon enough

English chocolate, as well as midget gems, fruit salads and sport mixtures etc, are available in a shop at Redcliffe.
Old Jul 13th 2004, 10:57 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Toast and Marmalade for Tea

The Boy Who Ate Jam Sandwiches
Old Jul 14th 2004, 11:28 am
Frequent Flyer

pirate is an unknown quantity at this point
Default English Food

Originally posted by ScuntoBris
English chocolate, as well as midget gems, fruit salads and sport mixtures etc, are available in a shop at Redcliffe.

So what is the name of the shop and do they sell Marmite?

Pirate
Old Jul 14th 2004, 11:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

ScuntoBris will become famous soon enough
Default Re: English Food

Originally posted by pirate
So what is the name of the shop and do they sell Marmite?

Pirate
Teddies 'n' Sweets, or tother way round?

I'll have a look at the weekend, they were advertising in yesterday's Bayside Herald as having just moved into another shop, and also said they had a lot more stock lines coming in. They are in one of the small arcades of the front.