Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

England to win the World Cup?

England to win the World Cup?

Old Oct 18th 2003, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

Zebra4 is on a distinguished road
Default England to win the World Cup?

Brilliant atmosphere at the game between Eng vs South Africa in Perth. The Poms were out in mass in the pubs and at the game. Soccer supporters & rugby supporters out as one. Overwhelming support for the men in white.

The Springboks were no walkover, and a lot of Aussies are now predicting these Poms are going to take Bill back to the northern hemisphere.

Early days, especially if you're a Kiwi, French or even, just maybe, a Wallabies fan?
Old Oct 18th 2003, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

The match was brilliant over here as well. I cant wait to taunt my Saffa mates at work tomorrow they were convinced they were on to a win!!

I reckon they could go all the way. Mind you with Jonny I wouldn't mind going all the way Those new tight white shirts are fan bloody tastic!!
Old Oct 18th 2003, 5:21 pm
Home in 2010.

The Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really nice

Originally posted by tinaj
The match was brilliant over here as well. I cant wait to taunt my Saffa mates at work tomorrow they were convinced they were on to a win!!

I reckon they could go all the way. Mind you with Jonny I wouldn't mind going all the way Those new tight white shirts are fan bloody tastic!!
England are on a mission right now and I think they will win. I really want it to be Oz and England in the final and that it would go down to the last minute neck and neck and then at the dying minutes Johnny Kicks it over and YESSSSSS! we kick the Ozzys arses. Wow how I would love to rub that one in.
Old Oct 18th 2003, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Of course we will win it. The only question is who will be the runers-up to us in the final.
Attached Thumbnails England to win the World Cup?-sheepy.jpg  
Old Oct 18th 2003, 8:56 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by nicholls clan
England are on a mission right now and I think they will win. I really want it to be Oz and England in the final and that it would go down to the last minute neck and neck and then at the dying minutes Johnny Kicks it over and YESSSSSS! we kick the Ozzys arses. Wow how I would love to rub that one in.
Would be good!

I think id prefer it if England won by a few tries and conversions...That way they could'nt try and wiggle out of it with "ahhhh but if you did'nt have johnny" !

Old Oct 18th 2003, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

muppetking is on a distinguished road
Default Re: England to win the World Cup?

Originally posted by Zebra4
Brilliant atmosphere at the game between Eng vs South Africa in Perth. The Poms were out in mass in the pubs and at the game. Soccer supporters & rugby supporters out as one. Overwhelming support for the men in white.

The Springboks were no walkover, and a lot of Aussies are now predicting these Poms are going to take Bill back to the northern hemisphere.

Early days, especially if you're a Kiwi, French or even, just maybe, a Wallabies fan?
England showed how to win when under immense pressure, the hallmark of a top team. Despite being bested at the breakdown, an area England pride themselves on, they showed cool heads when they could have folded (a particular weakness that the SH love to point out). If your Bok friends tell you that they should have won but Koen had an off day with the boot just quote Will Greenwood...'If my granny had bollocks she'd have been my grandad!' They say of the Bok mentality that you might score more points than them but you never beat them! I'll take the points thank you.
As for winning the world cup....we can guess all day long. I'd love for it to be England as I live in NZ and I couldn't bear to lose to them in the final. They are not good losers but they are even worse winners. I suspect that NZ will be in for a titanic arm wrestle come QF's time! Go the Boks.
Old Oct 18th 2003, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

Kenand Nel is an unknown quantity at this point

Just Love It!!!
Old Oct 18th 2003, 10:23 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Remember the drop goal fest the boks put over us in France at the last world cup.

England played well although they made a few mistakes which the boks failed to convert. The try was a matter of luck and flattered the result for England.

The difference between the sides was Jonny Wilkinson.
Old Oct 19th 2003, 1:08 am
WBB

england were ordinary for long spells and a lucky charge down and jw were the difference.

sa were unlucky and as was said at the time if they had jw things would of been very different.

Old Oct 19th 2003, 1:13 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Originally posted by welshboybilly
england were ordinary for long spells and a lucky charge down and jw were the difference.

sa were unlucky and as was said at the time if they had jw things would of been very different.

Ifs buts and maybes... we still won!!

Lets be fair here...England is the only world class team in the competition to come up against decent oppostition so far. We have put our money where our motuh is...i await to see how the rest do when they have a real game on thier hands!
Old Oct 19th 2003, 2:20 am
BE Enthusiast

muppetking is on a distinguished road

So no doubt you're feeling confident when Wales meet England in the quarters are you? Luck has little to do with what JW and Moody did nor what Koen didn't, so that blows your 'theory' out of the water. It might have escaped your notice that JW is ENGLISH and noone else has him so what a pointless point!
Old Oct 19th 2003, 3:11 am

I thought you were too into supporting an English Football club to be interested in Rugby?
Old Oct 19th 2003, 4:06 am
Forum Regular

SeanH is an unknown quantity at this point

Bit too early to be counting on winning I think.

Remembering that England have only ever had ONE victory over Australia in Australia in over 100 years and that was this year.

There is virtually nothing between England, New Zealand and Australia - and any of them could easily win imo.

~Sean

Originally posted by nicholls clan
Old Oct 19th 2003, 4:12 am

Originally posted by SeanH
Bit too early to be counting on winning I think.

Remembering that England have only ever had ONE victory over Australia in Australia in over 100 years and that was this year.

There is virtually nothing between England, New Zealand and Australia - and any of them could easily win imo.

~Sean
On the day Australia can raise their game and England play bad enough to lose.

England playing NZ in the final is the game I want to see. SA showed England that they have vulnerabilities. Australia has room to raise its game and it has too if it wants to win this cup. They were appalling in the Argentina game and against a better side would have lost due to all the penalties they were conceding.

The last few world cups have shown that being favourites is not a good thing. Probably why all the coaches are denying that their team are fvourites.

Englands biggest threat other than the Kiwis is their minds.
Old Oct 19th 2003, 4:16 am
WBB

Originally posted by muppetking
So no doubt you're feeling confident when Wales meet England in the quarters are you? Luck has little to do with what JW and Moody did nor what Koen didn't, so that blows your 'theory' out of the water. It might have escaped your notice that JW is ENGLISH and noone else has him so what a pointless point!

muppet i was quoting a respectable pundit there with my pointless point, anyway it matters not because england did look very VERY ordinary, they should now make the final because they will avoid the big guns along the way.....that is unless you count wales.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.