Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

England win again Bugger

England win again Bugger

Old Mar 31st 2003, 4:01 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default England win again Bugger

Well done Big Martin and the Lads well deserved Grand Slam , heres looking forward to the Rugby World Cup bring on the Aussies , lets make it 4 wins in a row against the cons.

England produced the rugby union performance it has promised for four years to win an elusive Six Nations grand slam by beating Ireland 42-6 with five tries at Lansdowne Road.

Thwarted by Wales, Scotland and Ireland on the final day of the championship in three of the past four years, Clive Woodward's team outplayed the Irish in a long-awaited showdown in Dublin.

Ireland hadn't won the Slam since 1948 and much was expected of Brian O'Driscoll's team who had beaten world champion Australia in November.

But England edged the Irish in a thrilling first half before dominating totally in the second.

Martin Johnson's heroes so impressed Irish coach Eddie O'Sullivan that he insisted: "This makes England World Cup favourites."

Old Mar 31st 2003, 4:15 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: England win again Bugger

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Well done Big Martin and the Lads well deserved Grand Slam , heres looking forward to the Rugby World Cup bring on the Aussies , lets make it 4 wins in a row against the cons.

England produced the rugby union performance it has promised for four years to win an elusive Six Nations grand slam by beating Ireland 42-6 with five tries at Lansdowne Road.

Thwarted by Wales, Scotland and Ireland on the final day of the championship in three of the past four years, Clive Woodward's team outplayed the Irish in a long-awaited showdown in Dublin.

Ireland hadn't won the Slam since 1948 and much was expected of Brian O'Driscoll's team who had beaten world champion Australia in November.

But England edged the Irish in a thrilling first half before dominating totally in the second.

Martin Johnson's heroes so impressed Irish coach Eddie O'Sullivan that he insisted: "This makes England World Cup favourites."

B*gger! - I sat up to "listen" to the match last night, yawn! - Was supporting Ireland myself. (goes against the grain for me to support England in Rugby, unless they play against the Aussies - then I will support you - ow, that's painful to say) Anyway enjoy it while you can .

Oh well least Wales won something - the wooden spoon - lol ... we should have got the under 21's to play for Wales, would have done a better job.

Cheers
Old Mar 31st 2003, 4:34 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ceri
B*gger! - I sat up to "listen" to the match last night, yawn! - Was supporting Ireland myself. (goes against the grain for me to support England in Rugby, unless they play against the Aussies - then I will support you - ow, that's painful to say) Anyway enjoy it while you can .

Oh well least Wales won something - the wooden spoon - lol ... we should have got the under 21's to play for Wales, would have done a better job.

Cheers
Love to see Wales become the force they should be , all sport goes in cycles right now its England on the up but who knows your Boys could get their pride back and be the Wales we all feared and admired.
I did think that Ireland were the dark horse who could win the Grand Slam but could be England believe in themselfs like never before and its good to see Tigers players in the thick of it even though the league title is out of our hands this year.
The Rugby World Cup could be the most open ever not a none event like the cricket one just passed , its not good for any game to get one team so much better than the rest , most people like close games not one sided ones.

Old Mar 31st 2003, 8:25 am

Herman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Ceri

Cheers
They had the match on live in a number of pubs in Sydney. Was a late night, but worth it.
Old Apr 1st 2003, 2:06 am
BE Enthusiast

muppetking is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Herman
They had the match on live in a number of pubs in Sydney. Was a late night, but worth it.
Did you pay $25 for the privilege? I had to wait until we got back to NZ to see the game.....brilliant! What with the HK 7's too it all looks encouraging!
Old Apr 1st 2003, 2:43 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by Herman
What channel were they using??

I have optus which shows fox sport - they have shown them in previous years, but none this year. I went through the whole optus TV guide to see i if they were there - no, I even flicked through the channels (fox sport) to see if they'd decided to play it. I had to listen to it through the BBC.

What channel did the pubs use? or was it satellite?

cheers
P.s
Does anyone want to buy some tickets for England here in Brisbane, playing you'reagay (Uruguay ) (only English match in Brisbane)I'll be selling them at face value (what I paid for them) - I've four tickets - $47.50 (when they post them out to me in June) this price is what I've paid (on my credit card) which included postage and handling by the RWC

I've got 2 c's and 2 d's ( but the d's I think are actually c's now - they have switched the match from Ballymore to the new Suncorp stadium , no bad seating)

I don't want them - I only bought them for the draw of the quarter finals between what I think will be Wales v England

Anyway if anyone is interested in seeing England in Brisbane and wants the tickets when I physically have them (I've got them, and paid for them, but they are not posted out to me until June)

Give me a PM _ and you can have them for the exact price which I've paid for them, I'm not out to make a profit .

cheers

Last edited by Ceri; Apr 1st 2003 at 4:48 am.