Reload this Page >

England vs Croatia in Sydney?

England vs Croatia in Sydney?

Old Nov 18th 2007, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

windsordave is an unknown quantity at this point
Default England vs Croatia in Sydney?

Hi all

Does anyone know where te England Croatia game is on in Sydney this thursday am. A previous post said it was being broadcast by ESPN. Whats the best place to watch?

Cheers!
Dave
Old Nov 19th 2007, 5:28 am
Forum Regular

tipp1974 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: England vs Croatia in Sydney?

Theres a few pubs on George St. Scruffy Murphys usually have early morning games
Old Nov 19th 2007, 6:47 am
Banned

Dom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by windsordave
Hi all

Does anyone know where te England Croatia game is on in Sydney this thursday am. A previous post said it was being broadcast by ESPN. Whats the best place to watch?

Cheers!
Dave
Dave, whoever told you the game is in Sydney was pulling you're plonka mate.

It's at Wembley.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 6:50 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Mmmm im sure they will all be shouting for engerland in scruffy's,NOT.What ya reckon Pom me lad ?????
Old Nov 19th 2007, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

tipp1974 is an unknown quantity at this point

I watched a couple of England games there in the past without any problems. If its your only option I reckon you'll be fine.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

liverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really nice

I heard that you need a Lonsdale Belt to get served a bevvy in Scruffy Murphy's don'tcha !!!!

Was in there watching a game a few months back with the missus and another couple. There was a strange feeling that I couldnt quite put my finger on, as if we were waiting for something to happen, but nothing ever did.

I was reading the local newspaper the next day and it said it has quite a bad reputation for fighting (didn't know that before we went in !!). Apparently someone will accidently knock into you (accidently on purpose) and then when you say something back, all his mates jump in and knock seven kinds of Sh1t out of you, just for fun !!! Regular occurance so they said and the place was full of young knob-heads getting bladdered and looking for a kick-off with anyone.

But what I will say, is that nothing happened to us, so make your own minds up about the place.

If you go there, just be careful. You dont want to go half way across the world to watch a game on Telly and end up having a fight with some jumped up tit who is looking for trouble.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 1:01 am
Forum Regular

Thanks all - I just spoke to Cheers bar as well and they have it on - might be a safer bet

ANyone going along?
Old Nov 21st 2007, 1:23 am
Just Joined

jeremyspo is an unknown quantity at this point

hello, been here a couple of months. Cheers is the only place to watch England games. They will have them al on the big screen and there will be england fans in there watching. During the rugby world cup they were going for rugby on the big screen and football on the small one until a good bid of chanting and they swapped them over. Will definately be there.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

Langs_Sydney is a jewel in the roughLangs_Sydney is a jewel in the roughLangs_Sydney is a jewel in the roughLangs_Sydney is a jewel in the rough

I reckon you lot need to get jobs!

I'll be watching it at home with a cup of tea and a bacon sarnie before going to work..

It's on ESPN so make sure you make your own commentary.

COME ON ENGLAND!
Old Nov 21st 2007, 1:54 am
Just Joined

jeremyspo is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: England vs Croatia in Sydney?

so far they have been at weekends or were middle of the night jobs before the daylight saving changes, 7am is an odd time for a pint and a live match, did think about going to work after and could be there by 9 but taking a well deserved day off.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 4:12 am
A modern day warrior

Tom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeremyspo
so far they have been at weekends or were middle of the night jobs before the daylight saving changes, 7am is an odd time for a pint and a live match, did think about going to work after and could be there by 9 but taking a well deserved day off.
Just checked the Foxtel mag....it is on ESPN at 2.55am (AEST). Could be a late night.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

Langs_Sydney is a jewel in the roughLangs_Sydney is a jewel in the roughLangs_Sydney is a jewel in the roughLangs_Sydney is a jewel in the rough

Nope, kick offs at 7am.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 6:07 am
Banned

Dom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Langs_Sydney
Nope, kick offs at 7am.
Yep - better for you guys in Sydney.

It's 5am here in Perth.
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

Wish I hadn't bothered now! What a shocker! .. and cheers was full of Croatian fans!!! All good natured though! apart from the coin throwing
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 1:08 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jeremyspo
did think about going to work after and could be there by 9 but taking a well deserved day off.
I reckon you might need it.