Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

England team on t.v in oz

England team on t.v in oz

Old Jun 11th 2003, 10:19 pm
up the boro!

denhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant future
Default England team on t.v in oz

after watching England play tonight at a kick off at 8pm it suddenly made me think that in Perth it would of been 4am. was this game available on t.v out there? or am i going to be doomed into never being able to watch my beloved England team play again?
Old Jun 11th 2003, 11:32 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: England team on t.v in oz

Originally posted by denhim
after watching England play tonight at a kick off at 8pm it suddenly made me think that in Perth it would of been 4am. was this game available on t.v out there? or am i going to be doomed into never being able to watch my beloved England team play again?
Sorry they did show the world cup games but will not show other England matches , they tend to show the goals on the news here if England lose but never say a word if they win.

Old Jun 11th 2003, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by denhim
You will have to give up England to live in Oz. It is not England, it is Oz. Can you not get into the local sports? If you like English things, stay in England son. This country is full of ozzies and ozzy things. Amazing eh?
Old Jun 11th 2003, 11:44 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Wilf
You will have to give up England to live in Oz. It is not England, it is Oz. Can you not get into the local sports? If you like English things, stay in England son. This country is full of ozzies and ozzy things. Amazing eh?
I must be in the wrong country I saw 30 watch the grand final (AFL) on the big TV at the OB and 2000 watch England live in the Football World Cup ?

Old Jun 11th 2003, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by pommie bastard
I must be in the wrong country I saw 30 watch the grand final (AFL) on the big TV at the OB and 2000 watch England live in the Football World Cup ?

I am not saying you can't get it, but that it is better to do as the Romans. Someone pining for England will not get on as well as someone willing to make the conversion to ozzie sports and life. That is one of the reasons you are going back isn't it? You are trying to live in windsor castle with a union jack on the top and finding it hard to get Carry on Films on the telly?
Old Jun 11th 2003, 11:52 pm
Banned

I am not saying you can't get it, but that it is better to do as the Romans. Someone pining for England will not get on as well as someone willing to make the conversion to ozzie sports and life. That is one of the reasons you are going back isn't it? You are trying to live in windsor castle with a union jack on the top and finding it hard to get Carry on Films on the telly?
Whats that union Jack doing on the Aussie flag and easy to watch old Bbrit flims on TV here its all they run too.

Old Jun 11th 2003, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Whats that union Jack doing on the Aussie flag and easy to watch old Bbrit flims on TV here its all they run too.

The union jack is a historical hang over. It is a sign of a by-gone era. Something that may soon be removed. That sounds like you doesn't it? It also has stars round its head. You and a night out on Friday and too many sniffs of the barmaid's apron? Stick to coke and a straw. The old Brit films are classics and are shown all round the world. I don't know what country you are in but it is all american on my telly.
Old Jun 12th 2003, 12:32 am
Banned

The union jack is a historical hang over. It is a sign of a by-gone era. Something that may soon be removed. That sounds like you doesn't it? It also has stars round its head. You and a night out on Friday and too many sniffs of the barmaid's apron? Stick to coke and a straw. The old Brit films are classics and are shown all round the world. I don't know what country you are in but it is all american on my telly.

Sorry the great Australian public voted to keep Betty and the flag?

Old Jun 12th 2003, 12:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Sorry the great Australian public voted to keep Betty and the flag?

Like you, not for long. Have the vote again (especially after the GG screwed up) and you will get a different result. The offer was stay with the queen or a president appointed by prime minister. A fair choice for the ozzies? Next time they do it, it will be a republic, nevertheless. Not that this is my choice, but that is my prediction.

It does not change the fact that you are the Barbara Windsor of the site, however, and you soon have a pantomime season as widow twanky in Leicester?
Old Jun 12th 2003, 12:54 am
Banned

Like you, not for long. Have the vote again (especially after the GG screwed up) and you will get a different result. The offer was stay with the queen or a president appointed by prime minister. A fair choice for the ozzies? Next time they do it, it will be a republic, nevertheless. Not that this is my choice, but that is my prediction.

It does not change the fact that you are the Barbara Windsor of the site, however, and you soon have a pantomime season as widow twanky in Leicester?
You can do but hope no pollie is trusted here , Betty will be head of state for her life time and next you will have a Pom king.

Old Jun 12th 2003, 1:05 am
BE Forum Addict

You can do but hope no pollie is trusted here , Betty will be head of state for her life time and next you will have a Pom king.
You really believe the ozzies will have Charles as king (or little willy?). I am surprised if you do. Now I know you are on a wind up.

A good story (if you do not know it):

A few years back, Chaz was in Oz and at a prize giving. Someone very quickly and noisily rushed at the stage and fired a starting pistol at him. Of course, all his security thought it was an assassination attempt and jumped on the feller, but Chaz appeared to be unphased and just played with his cufflinks in all the commotion. He made the press for being so cool about it all and just playing with his cufflinks like the classic Englishman under fire. Anyway, it turned out that he hadn't even known what was going on and that was why he had been so untroubled, and when he was told about it, he said "Oh I see. I thought that chap was a bit keen to collect his prize."

True story. That, and a million other stories, is why I am a monarchist.
Old Jun 12th 2003, 1:09 am
Banned

You really believe the ozzies will have Charles as king (or little willy?). I am surprised if you do. Now I know you are on a wind up.

A good story (if you do not know it):

A few years back, Chaz was in Oz and at a prize giving. Someone very quickly and noisily rushed at the stage and fired a starting pistol at him. Of course, all his security thought it was an assassination attempt and jumped on the feller, but Chaz appeared to be unphased and just played with his cufflinks in all the commotion. He made the press for being so cool about it all and just playing with his cufflinks like the classic Englishman under fire. Anyway, it turned out that he hadn't even known what was going on and that was why he had been so untroubled, and when he was told about it, he said "Oh I see. I thought that chap was a bit keen to collect his prize."

True story. That, and a million other stories, is why I am a monarchist.

Charlie or a bent Pollie not much of a choice but looks like you are stuck with a half wit King.

Old Jun 12th 2003, 4:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Charlie or a bent Pollie not much of a choice but looks like you are stuck with a half wit King.

You went to Oz to escape the Golden Jubilee? What have you got against decorative tea towels? More use than an ozzie president.
Old Jun 12th 2003, 4:19 am
Banned

You went to Oz to escape the Golden Jubilee? What have you got against decorative tea towels? More use than an ozzie president.

Love the system and could not care if Micky mouse was King its a case of keep the Bastards ( Pollies) honest , nearly impossible in Australia?

Old Jun 12th 2003, 4:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Love the system and could not care if Micky mouse was King its a case of keep the Bastards ( Pollies) honest , nearly impossible in Australia?

I will be accused of wasting time with all this discussion of lifestyle and cluture in australia - not at all what this forum is for? - but we have an agreement on the usefulness of the monarchy here and back in the UK. That is why I am a monarchist apart from my addiction to celebration placemats and snow storms. Who would be the first president - Alan Bond or Hoges?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.