Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

England shirts in Oz Yes or No ?

England shirts in Oz Yes or No ?

Old Dec 9th 2006, 12:07 am
Forum Regular

tony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nice
Default Re: England shirts in Oz Yes or No ?

[QUOTE=islandmom]Am I being a snob if I say I dont like tattoos and football shirts??

I also cant stand gold buttoned navy blazers, Jaguar cars and men who wear loafers - all classic attributes of the upper classes... so does that mean I have a reverse snobbery going on about them??

and your post is a little confusing - you say its PC rubbish and then say its snobbery ..... PC would mean nobody would dare infer any kind of snobbery for fear of being "un pc".

and I'm sure you've also thought about someone you've only observed and then made judgement as being a posh toff and probably even spoken about it too so I would'nt get so mad and offended by something so trivial - you'll never last as an expat if you're this touchy![/QUOTE

Well, errrr yes i suppose you are, a snob that is. You obviously have issues with people who have tattos and wear football shirts and you see those that do as inferior to yourself. As for other posters slating specific "England" shirts. Are you ashamed to be British/English? Are you the kind of people who view the Union Jack and St George's cross as racist? So you make the assumption as soon as anyone walks by wearing a football shirt that they are a Neo-Nazi skinhead thug? beggers belief!
'Course i'll last as an expat. I've spent loads of time in Australia over years and i've got loads of mates who already live out there in a huge expat community in Sydney. I've backpacked around the world twice and always taken a football shirt as in many cases it can break the ice and start a conversation with someone -its amazing how many Kashmere mountain guides or Thai monks can list of the entire england squad with their shirt numbers and positions!
Old Dec 9th 2006, 12:20 am

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tony_russell
[ Well, errrr yes i suppose you are, a snob that is. You obviously have issues with people who have tattos and wear football shirts and you see those that do as inferior to yourself. !

god you're obviously a complete tit! coz I dont like tattoos and footy shirts I consider people inferior? dont remember ever in this thread infering I think that and most certainly dont have "issues" as you put it.

You seem to have an incredible imagination.

your assumptions are - yet again - incorrect. Either you can't read properly or are just a plain idiot .... my assumption, based on your posts - which I read carefully, is .... idiot.

Last edited by username 34; Dec 9th 2006 at 12:23 am.
Old Dec 9th 2006, 12:24 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Well, errrr yes i suppose you are, a snob that is.
What utter ****ing crap...
Old Dec 9th 2006, 12:25 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by islandmom
idiot.
My vote too...
Old Dec 9th 2006, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by rodders39
My vote too...

I was going to be rude but us snobs don't sink to such depths

the poor man is obviously suffering from a mental deficiency - lack of intelligence
Old Dec 9th 2006, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

tony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nice

god you're obviously a complete tit! coz I dont like tattoos and footy shirts I consider people inferior? dont remember ever in this thread infering I think that and most certainly dont have "issues" as you put it.

You seem to have an incredible imagination.

your assumptions are - yet again - incorrect. Either you can't read properly or are just a plain idiot .... my assumption, based on your posts - which I read carefully, is .... idiot.

yea yea yea, climb out your arse and buy the daily mail love
Old Dec 9th 2006, 12:34 am

yea yea yea, climb out your arse and buy the daily mail love

oooh what a charmer! 7 posts and already behaving like a lout .... says alot about you

when you cant compete on an intellectual level you resort to childish "arse" insults .... rather proves my point about you
Old Dec 9th 2006, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

oooh what a charmer! 7 posts and already behaving like a lout .... says alot about you

when you cant compete on an intellectual level you resort to childish "arse" insults .... rather proves my point about you
I can't compete on an interlectual level!!! pure class, an interlectual snob too
Old Dec 9th 2006, 12:38 am

I can't compete on an interlectual level!!! pure class, an interlectual snob too

its spelt INTELLECTUAL -
Old Dec 9th 2006, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

its spelt INTELLECTUAL -
lol i was wondering how long it would take!
Old Dec 9th 2006, 12:42 am

lol i was wondering how long it would take!

not long - us snobs work at the speed of light you know
Old Dec 9th 2006, 12:53 am

well i'd love to carry this wonderful conversation on but us snobs have important TV to watch ... I think its "How to be a Royal" on soon..

with snobbish assumption I'm guessing Tony_Russel will be spending his evening swigging beer out of a can, scratching his belly protruding from his footy shirt whilst watching darts and planning his next loveheart with dagger tattoo.

ciao darlings.
Old Dec 9th 2006, 2:00 am
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't read everyone's response but I personally see no problem in the wearing of England or whatever country, shirts.

I have 2 England rugby polos (from cottontraders) and I wear them with pride. I wore them to the Robbie Williams concert and had 'Aussie, Aussie, Aussie' shouted at me. It was all good natured fun!

I don't see a problem! Each to their own. Mind you, where I live in Joondalup there are loads of Brits so no one bats an eyelid.

Old Dec 9th 2006, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

MJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
hey Jo

is WA a better place to live than Cov?

Lee (walsgrave)
What are you like LOL

I like Perth ,Its good to get away from Wyken ,heard its getting quite bad now! :scared:
Jo
Old Dec 9th 2006, 3:16 am
Senile Member

Daedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
No I don't think it has the same stigma Haley. We lived in Canada for 4 years and have numerous items of Roots clothing. We have worn them here with no comments at all.
But doesnt "root" have a whole different connotation in the South Pacific then here?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.