Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

England shirts in Oz Yes or No ?

England shirts in Oz Yes or No ?

Old Dec 8th 2006, 2:33 pm
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: England shirts in Oz Yes or No ?

The irony is that soccer is a far more skillful and athletically demanding game than rugby (half the positions on the rugby field are for people who frankly couldn't play most other sports because of their bulk or lack of pace).
have you watched rugby lately!!
Can you name these players please,i think your qite wrong on this point my friend,years ago..yes,but not any more.the game has changed and so have the players.
You were able to tell a players position without looking at his shirt number,not anymore.
Of course there exeptions which I'm sure you'll remind me of but on the whole I think your out of touch........although we can go to the video ref!
Old Dec 8th 2006, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

jon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of light

When I see someone walking about in an Aussie team shirt I normally think "what the bloody hell are you doing in this hell hole of a town when you could be at home in Oz"!!
I wouldnt wear one of the replica England shirts simply because I dont like them. I'd wear a red vintage one though. I'd also wear an England cricket top.
I dont see any problem in wearing it in Oz but they can look a bit chavvy, but then that depends on the person.
Some girls look muchos hot in a footy top!!!
Old Dec 8th 2006, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

tony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nice

I am shocked and outraged at some of the pathetic and anal views of some of the posters on this thread. What the hell is wrong with England shirts or tattoos for that matter. It is because of all this type of ridiculous "PC" rubbish that many people choose to emigrate in the first place. I really can't believe the pure snobery i'm reading.
Old Dec 8th 2006, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

paulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nice

My two boys are getting a new football top each for christmas from their nan, maybe we best not bring them with us when we come in January!!! Living in Spain the boys love to wear their football shirts along with all the other kids who live here, they are at a European school with Germans, French, Dutch, Spanish and various others, there is no school uniform and if they could they would wear a footy shirt everyday. All the children love to play football and they play with the local boys too, with no troubles, actually I am in favour for them because the boys have made so many friends by wearing a footy shirt, kids approach them and ask what team they support and if they fancy a game at any time, it breaks down a barrier, well it does here. I hope it will do in Aus too and no they dont have any tatoos (YET)

Last edited by paulainspain; Dec 8th 2006 at 4:13 pm.
Old Dec 8th 2006, 4:04 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MJELNC
My daughter,who is a tomboy and plays football(sorry soccer )
She has england tops ,ccfc tops, brazil tops and she bought a valencia top over,she also has a socceroo top.
I do think they look better on kids than on adults LOL

When the world cup was on, we had an england flag and a aussie flag hanging out of our window.No one said anything and we were in Coventry then.
Jo
hey Jo

is WA a better place to live than Cov?

Lee (walsgrave)
Old Dec 8th 2006, 4:06 pm
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony_russell
I am shocked and outraged at some of the pathetic and anal views of some of the posters on this thread. What the hell is wrong with England shirts or tattoos for that matter. It is because of all this type of ridiculous "PC" rubbish that many people choose to emigrate in the first place. I really can't believe the pure snobery i'm reading.

Ditto, it started out quite humerous this thread but then some of the comments made beggar belive, all because of the type of T.shirt that a person may or may not wear, jesus christ get a life its a clothing garment FFS! I cant believe people are even debating the fact that it is right or wrong to wear a footy shirt.

Nev.

And yes i wear various footy tops because i want to, im 42 not 12.
Old Dec 8th 2006, 4:23 pm
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute

Well said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Dec 8th 2006, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

simpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by northernbird
thank you for that, most interesting. I don't recall insulting you personally. I would ask you grant me the same courtesy.
Thing is you DID insult me personally by your pathetic comments and stereotyping of people with tattoo's and not only me, but you insulted a LOT of people with your comments. If it's your preference to not like tattoo's then keep your opinions to yourself, to air your single minded views on a public forum where you can insult people who you don't even have the pleasure of knowing personally (and with comments like yours i don't think you ever will be fortunate to know them) is rather stupid and if you think that by doing so you won't get comments back is a bit simpleminded, you may as well stand on the town hall steps and announce the same.
Old Dec 8th 2006, 4:48 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northernbird
I think you will find the reasons poms are ridiculed is far deeper than that. I don't have anything against tattoos either, I don't like them but believe its an individuals right to have one.
Ah! But what you are effectively saying is that anyone with a tattoo is a small minded yobbo that wears football shirts, spends his life in the pub, hates all other nationalities and likes a fight! NOT SO!!!!

I have tattoos, several in fact....I am not a yob, I have manners, I am respectable, speak politely, open doors for people (not just ladies), respect the law, love my mum - god rest her soul, and work bloody hard to make a good life for me and mine.....so, what's so bad about someone who thinks tattoos are cool? Do tell, I really am intrigued?
Old Dec 8th 2006, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by rugbymad
I have to say i'm really shocked by some of the comments about tatts and England shirts etc.
I have 3 tattoos,not visible unless I take my top off and I also wear an England rugby shirt,am I a thug?
No,i'm happily married ( 16 wonderfull years) have 2 wonderfull boys and i'll wear what I bloody well want.
If you judge Me as i have a few tattoos and wear a club/country shirt and have very short hair then I really have no time for you,if i present an image that you don't like well thats your problem,if you are small minded enough to label people who wear thier chioce of clothes etc how sad.
I am English,always have been always will be.At any rugby game fans MIX and are allowed a pint WITHOUT the fear of ANY trouble,I was at the Bristol v Gloucester game a few weeks ago,stood with all my mates from Bristol next to loads of lads from Gloucester,all having a drinking,wearing club colours..was thier any trouble....12,000 plus in the ground,no trouble.
i imagine that many smallminded people would assume that there were fights galore as the 2 tribes met on the terraces..how wrong can you be.
Don't judge people,take everyone for what they are...individuals!!
Here, bloody here!!!

Imagine my predicament? I shave my head, have several patriotic tatts, I walk with a 'proud' swagger (call it what you will, it was gained in the army)......I get NO END of comments and pre-judged mis-conceptions from people based on how I look! Those that get to know me better, ALWAYS say, "you are such a different person to how you look"!
One occasion that springs to mind was a black girl who approached me at my gym, she asked, "why do you look like that - you must be a racist"??? FFS!!!! Believe me, I took great pleasure in bringing her back to planet Earth!
Old Dec 8th 2006, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Oh, and my experiences with football here in Scotland. I follow Gretna FC
Bless you!
Old Dec 8th 2006, 4:56 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
It's amazing how many Expats have stopped us when my son wears his Sunderland shirt to ask do we live here etc. and it's always because of the distinctive top. We have only ever had positive chat as a result.
Obviously I only wear my Sunderland top cos the stripes are so flattering

I get abuse in my own house for it tho ::cries::

Lynne
Old Dec 8th 2006, 4:56 pm

Welcome to BE my friend, welcome!
Old Dec 8th 2006, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

simpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Here, bloody here!!!

Imagine my predicament? I shave my head, have several patriotic tatts, I walk with a 'proud' swagger (call it what you will, it was gained in the army)......I get NO END of comments and pre-judged mis-conceptions from people based on how I look! Those that get to know me better, ALWAYS say, "you are such a different person to how you look"!
One occasion that springs to mind was a black girl who approached me at my gym, she asked, "why do you look like that - you must be a racist"??? FFS!!!! Believe me, I took great pleasure in bringing her back to planet Earth!
Good on ya m8, I detest stereotyping. Tossers/racists/yobs come in all shapes and sizes, not just because they have tattoo's or wear a team shirt or have a shaved head (i have a shaved head and tattoo's and have friends from every walk of life and practically every religion because they don't judge a book by its cover).
Old Dec 8th 2006, 5:51 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: England shirts in Oz Yes or No ?

"Snobery"?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.