Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

England Football Games Coverage in Oz???

England Football Games Coverage in Oz???

Old Mar 13th 2005, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light
Question England Football Games Coverage in Oz???

I cant BELIEVE Im typing this dang message but hubby keeps asking the question of "Ahhh but will I be able to see England playing in tournaments and qualifying round matches over there? Whats the coverage of the World Cup like and European Championships, ehhh? ehhhh?"

Aaaaarrrrggggg! He's driving me insane with this so PLEASE can a fellow England footie nut tell him what the TV coverage (if any ) is like for these games over there.

Thanks
From a long-suffering, footie-mad-man's wife!!
Old Mar 13th 2005, 10:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: England Football Games Coverage in Oz???

One Word crap, however all is not lost, but it is slightly costly, thank god for soccerstreams.com, and the internet, you need a very fast internet connection, at least 1.5 mb, which is cable or high speed adsl, cheapest price that comes in at is 49.50 a month via tpg.

but at least you can get it all live.

Last world cup, the sbs coverage and channel 9 stuff from japan was bloody brillliant, however, the european championships are bad.

Who knows, If aussie gets to the finals, then I bet you will see most of the england games, on tv.
Old Mar 13th 2005, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up Re: England Football Games Coverage in Oz???

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
One Word crap, however all is not lost, but it is slightly costly, thank god for soccerstreams.com, and the internet, you need a very fast internet connection, at least 1.5 mb, which is cable or high speed adsl, cheapest price that comes in at is 49.50 a month via tpg.

but at least you can get it all live.

Last world cup, the sbs coverage and channel 9 stuff from japan was bloody brillliant, however, the european championships are bad.

Who knows, If aussie gets to the finals, then I bet you will see most of the england games, on tv.

Hmm, just as we were expecting but its interesting to hear about the online option so will probably look into that. Thanks
Old Mar 13th 2005, 10:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

The great thing about soccerstreams.com is you can get just about any team in England, as long as there is a camera at the ground.

Something I in particular might find useful dammit !

If Aussie gets to the world cup, The 2nd team they show the most will be England.

Englands bound to get further than Aussie, I spose.... hmmm maybe not lol

England has to go well in germany, wouldn't you think ?
Old Mar 13th 2005, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

The great thing about soccerstreams.com is you can get just about any team in England, as long as there is a camera at the ground.

Something I in particular might find useful dammit !

If Aussie gets to the world cup, The 2nd team they show the most will be England.

Englands bound to get further than Aussie, I spose.... hmmm maybe not lol

England has to go well in germany, wouldn't you think ?
Hubby loves ALL sport, footie and rugby especially tho - he supports QPR but isnt a season ticket holder he just looks out for their results, etc - I think he'll be pleased to hear that he can watch any club game (cameras permitting) on the net tho.

I cant answer your last question about Germany and he's not around to add his comments ...... he's downstairs watching football highlights - where else!!!!!!!!

Thanks again for the info.
K
Old Mar 13th 2005, 11:32 am

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

Will have to say for me it is one of Australia's best points that you can avoid soccer totally with very little effort and it isn't on every TV channel constantly.
Old Mar 13th 2005, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Flying Banana
Will have to say for me it is one of Australia's best points that you can avoid soccer totally with very little effort and it isn't on every TV channel constantly.

That will be bliss for me!!!

I got cross with hubby when he kept on and on about bl**dy football and how much would he be able to see over there isnt one thing I'd have to give up moving over there and wouldnt be happy about doing it for the sake of starting a new and better life for us and the kids.

He tried to explained to me that it will be very hard for him to give up a hobby he has been passionate about since he was as young as 4 years old - he has played the game every week since the age of 4 and he's now nearly 40 - he played local football, played for his school, district and county - he had trials for a top london club and he now runs our eldest son's local under13s team, its in his blood.

I can kinda see where hes coming from but will never fully understand as Im not sporty or competitive in the least!

Thanks for your comments everyone
Old Mar 13th 2005, 11:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bloody philistine, lol, It's the one thing about england that i miss, the football culture, I'd even watch, qpr if i had too
Old Mar 13th 2005, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheColebecks
I cant BELIEVE Im typing this dang message but hubby keeps asking the question of "Ahhh but will I be able to see England playing in tournaments and qualifying round matches over there? Whats the coverage of the World Cup like and European Championships, ehhh? ehhhh?"

Aaaaarrrrggggg! He's driving me insane with this so PLEASE can a fellow England footie nut tell him what the TV coverage (if any ) is like for these games over there.

Thanks
From a long-suffering, footie-mad-man's wife!!
Interesting question. My hubby asked me the same thing when I returned from OZ last month! I am trying to het him interested in AFL so he won't feel so hard done by!
H.
Old Mar 13th 2005, 11:59 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the link!
Old Mar 13th 2005, 12:12 pm

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TheColebecks
That will be bliss for me!!!
Doesn't mean there's no sport on, cricket rugby and Aussie rules are on quite a lot, however you at least tend to have a choice of watching something else not like in the UK when you can get the same bunch of overpaid eejits kicking a ball round on at least two channels simultaneously.

Bloody philistine, lol, It's the one thing about england that i miss, the football culture, I'd even watch, qpr if i had too
Hehe, when it comes to soccer, yup I'm a philistine and proud of it. Have always loved rugby union, cricket, tennis etc but football does nothing for me
Old Mar 13th 2005, 12:46 pm
PommieLeague

Hehe, when it comes to soccer, yup I'm a philistine and proud of it. Have always loved rugby union, cricket, tennis etc but football does nothing for me
Definately a Philistine. :scared:

Old Mar 13th 2005, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

tony440 is on a distinguished road

who needs football when they have V8 Supercars wooooooooooohooooooooooooo go Scaife Holden rule
Old Mar 13th 2005, 9:17 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband asked the same question the other night, it suddenly dawned on him that had he been in Oz he may not have seen Chelsea win. As we are going to Brisbane I took a look at the tv link on ourbrisbane.com and hubby was thrilled when I told him that SBS seemed to be showing most if not all of the Champions league games through the day and indeed he would have been able to watch the Chelsea v Barcelona game live, although obviously he would have had to get up pretty early in the morning to have watched it.

Hope I have quoted the right channel, I am sure it was SBS.
Old Mar 13th 2005, 9:23 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
My husband asked the same question the other night, it suddenly dawned on him that had he been in Oz he may not have seen Chelsea win. As we are going to Brisbane I took a look at the tv link on ourbrisbane.com and hubby was thrilled when I told him that SBS seemed to be showing most if not all of the Champions league games through the day and indeed he would have been able to watch the Chelsea v Barcelona game live, although obviously he would have had to get up pretty early in the morning to have watched it.

Hope I have quoted the right channel, I am sure it was SBS.
They do show a game live early in the morning but you have to hope they show the good game.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.