Reload this Page >

Engineering Qualification Assessment

Engineering Qualification Assessment

Old Aug 18th 2002, 4:46 am
Forum Regular

gokul is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Engineering Qualification Assessment

Dear Friends,

I have seen the homepage of IEAust where they have said that the assessment of qualification of engineers takes about 10 weeks. What is your experience? How long does it take?

Thank you for your tips.

Gokul
Old Aug 18th 2002, 4:55 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Engineering Qualification Assessment

http://www.austimeline.com/

Originally posted by gokul:
I have seen the homepage of IEAust where they have said that the assessment of qualification of engineers takes about 10 weeks. What is your experience? How long does it take?
Old Aug 18th 2002, 8:01 pm
Nathan Pye

Mine was all back and sorted in two weeks. I did deliver it by hand while I was
visiting friends in Canberra though. I don't know if that helps any.

Nathan

gokul <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Dear Friends,
    > I have seen the homepage of IEAust where they have said that the assessment of
    > qualification of engineers takes about 10 weeks. What is your experience? How long
    > does it take?
    > Thank you for your tips.
    > Gokul

Old Aug 19th 2002, 1:07 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Nathan,

I take it that you had a UK engineering degree and as such was covered by the Washington Accord? If so, that does make a difference when compared to CDR assessments.

Peter

Originally posted by Nathan Pye:
Mine was all back and sorted in two weeks. I did deliver it by hand while I was visiting friends in Canberra though. I don't know if that helps any.

Nathan
Old Aug 19th 2002, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by ptlabs:
Nathan,

I take it that you had a UK engineering degree and as such was covered by the Washington Accord? If so, that does make a difference when compared to CDR assessments.

Peter
Yes Friends, My bachelor degree is from India. I have submitted CDR. Will that delay the assessment?
Gokul
Old Aug 19th 2002, 3:03 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

CDR assessments are generally slower than a Washington-Accord qualification assessment. Did you also send in your IELTS score?

Originally posted by gokul:
My bachelor degree is from India. I have submitted CDR. Will that delay the assessment?
Old Aug 19th 2002, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by ptlabs:
CDR assessments are generally slower than a Washington-Accord qualification assessment. Did you also send in your IELTS score?
Yes I have submitted IELTS score which is as per the requirement.

Gokul
Old Aug 19th 2002, 5:58 pm
Nathan Pye

I have a degree and a PhD, neither of which were recognised under the washington
Accord. I had to write a lengthy CDR (Which I now don't have with me to send to DIMIA
- Doh!) and it was sorted in a a couple of weeks. I'ts not necessary to have an IELTS
test score if you can evidence the fact that you were taught your degree in the
English language. I simply obtained a letter from the University stating as much. If
you were taught in another language, then I guess you will probably need one.

Hope this helps,

Nathan

ptlabs <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Nathan,
    > I take it that you had a UK engineering degree and as such was covered by the
    > Washington Accord? If so, that does make a difference when compared to CDR
    > assessments.
    > Peter
    > Originally posted by Nathan Pye:
    > > Mine was all back and sorted in two weeks. I did deliver it by hand while I was
    > > visiting friends in Canberra though. I don't know if that helps any.
    > >
    > Nathan