Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Engineering Jobs, wages and rental prices

Engineering Jobs, wages and rental prices

Old Apr 29th 2003, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

John Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant future
Default Engineering Jobs, wages and rental prices

Hi

Immigrating to Aus with my fiancee, will arrive in Oct via Eastern Europe, Russia, Mongolia and Thailand. I am currently Engineering manager at a food manufacturing company in Buckinghamshire. I am interesed to know of any web sites/addresses for agencies in the Sydney area and what sort of average annual wage i could expect.

What are job prospects like at the moment as i will be quite desperate for a job (money!) after 8 weeks travelling.

I will be living in Blaxland, Blue mountains with my fiancee's parents for a while, but will be moving closer to the city within a few weeks of arriving. I have lived and worked in Sydney before during a WHV.

Also any useful websites for Real Estate companies as we need to know current rental prices in the Sydney area especially the Eastern Suberbs.

Thanks in advance
Pete

:scared:
Old Apr 29th 2003, 6:06 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Im hopefully going to get a job in engineering geology. Pretty much a totally different field from what you would be doing....but i have done a fair bit of research and i would be hoping for a salary of somewhere in the 70k mark.

From the look of it i could earn a fair bit more than this if i head out for one of the mines, but the wife does'nt fancy it ! 6 month stints literally in the middle of nowhere does'nt really appeal to me either tbh....

For rental prices in any area in oz check out :

domain
LJ Hooker

Specifically what type of engineer are u? (food?, mechanical?)

Cheers

Pete.
Old Apr 30th 2003, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

John Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant future

I'm originally an Electrical Engineer, my main field is in Project managment. Factory installations etc.

Pete