Reload this Page >

Engineering degree

Engineering degree

Old Jan 30th 2019, 9:12 am
Just Joined

charliecapaldi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Engineering degree

Hello,

Does anyone know if a bachelors degree from the UK is recognised in Australia.

Will a company hire you based on your qualifications based from the UK?
Old Jan 30th 2019, 9:57 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Engineering degree

Should be OK.

If possible it might be an idea to get a CEng, since you should be able to directly transfer that into the Australian equivalent, meaning they don't have to think.
Old Jan 30th 2019, 10:19 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charliecapaldi
Hello,

Does anyone know if a bachelors degree from the UK is recognised in Australia.

Will a company hire you based on your qualifications based from the UK?
Do you have a visa to allow you to work in Australia? What happened to Canada?
Old Jan 31st 2019, 3:43 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

You need Washington Accord degree for PR.
Old Jan 31st 2019, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

J___Mcewan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ebo1608
You need Washington Accord degree for PR.
No you don't lol
Old Jan 31st 2019, 5:31 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by J___Mcewan
No you don't lol
Well, just goes to show I'm out of touch. Back in 2005 I remember having a choice of using Washington Accord Elec Eng or MBA. Validating MBA was cheapest.
Old Jan 31st 2019, 6:46 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

No you don't lol
Are you sure you don't? I've just had a look at the Engineers Australia site and to have an Engineering degree accredited (as opposed to engineering technologist), you would choose the Washington Accord pathway.

Choose Your Assessment Pathway - Engineers Australia

Obviously, it's been a while since Mr Dreamy had his accredited, so if you can show how this doesn't apply, it could help other engineering applicants.
Old Jan 31st 2019, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

J___Mcewan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dreamy
Are you sure you don't? I've just had a look at the Engineers Australia site and to have an Engineering degree accredited (as opposed to engineering technologist), you would choose the Washington Accord pathway.

Choose Your Assessment Pathway - Engineers Australia

Obviously, it's been a while since Mr Dreamy had his accredited, so if you can show how this doesn't apply, it could help other engineering applicants.
You can gain PR on any of the 3 accords, as long as you can pass the skills assessment, your skill is on the skills list and you have enough points. Take me for example, i have been assessed as an Engineering technologist, i was assessed under the sydney accord. Engineeeing technologist is on the MLTSSL, therefore with the correct amount of points I could submit an EOI for a pr visa or any of the other pr routes, sponsorship etc
Old Jan 31st 2019, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

charliecapaldi1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I’m just waiting for my visa and think I’m going to come over and stay for a month and see if I can secure employment.

do you / anyone have any suggestions for best place to go for opportunity’s, where’s best to get accommodation etc?

thank you
Old Jan 31st 2019, 9:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charliecapaldi1
I’m just waiting for my visa and think I’m going to come over and stay for a month and see if I can secure employment.

do you / anyone have any suggestions for best place to go for opportunity’s, where’s best to get accommodation etc?

thank you
Sydney or Melbourne if you want the pick of job opportunities.
Old Jan 31st 2019, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you.

do you of any places I can find house shares of accommodation m?
Old Feb 1st 2019, 1:14 am
Account Closed

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-flatsha...seshare/c18294
https://www.realestate.com.au/share
Old Feb 1st 2019, 3:09 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charliecapaldi1

thank you
Which visa have you applied for? You can't just come over for a visit and secure employment, you need to have your skills assessed and a visa in hand before an employer will give you a job.
Old Feb 1st 2019, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

I made the application for working holiday visa, I’ve had no luck with applying from over here...

I hold a bachelors degree in Mech Eng...
Old Feb 3rd 2019, 7:24 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

You can gain PR on any of the 3 accords, as long as you can pass the skills assessment, your skill is on the skills list and you have enough points. Take me for example, i have been assessed as an Engineering technologist, i was assessed under the sydney accord. Engineeeing technologist is on the MLTSSL, therefore with the correct amount of points I could submit an EOI for a pr visa or any of the other pr routes, sponsorship etc
Ah, okay, I'm with you - I thought from the title of the thread we were talking about having an engineering degree accredited. Obviously if you're going for engineering technologist you wouldn't go for the Washington Accord.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.