Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Engineer Assessed as Mathematecian in Vetassess

Engineer Assessed as Mathematecian in Vetassess

Old Mar 2nd 2005, 11:00 am
Just Joined

techno_blade2005 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Engineer Assessed as Mathematecian in Vetassess

Would be possible for me to be assess as a mathematecian in Vetassess even though my degree is in the field of Electronics and Communications Engineering???
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 11:25 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Engineer Assessed as Mathematecian in Vetassess

Originally Posted by techno_blade2005
Would be possible for me to be assess as a mathematecian in Vetassess even though my degree is in the field of Electronics and Communications Engineering???
If your degree is equivalent to an Australian bachelors - yes.
Can you get to the pass mark with a 50 point occupation?

You'd also need to expect DIMIA to look more closely at your work experience to make sure it really was as an engineer.

Jeremy
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

techno_blade2005 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Engineer Assessed as Mathematecian in Vetassess

Originally Posted by JAJ
If your degree is equivalent to an Australian bachelors - yes.
Can you get to the pass mark with a 50 point occupation?

You'd also need to expect DIMIA to look more closely at your work experience to make sure it really was as an engineer.

Jeremy

i think i would be able to get the passmark since the visa type that i am applying for would be a designated area sponsored but the problem is that i currently work as software engineer which i am not that sure if vetassess would relate to my degree as an electronic and communications engineer.

Also, i am thinking of pursuing a lower point occuption say library technician so i would have a better chance of getting a positive assessment. what do you think? please let me know

Thanks!
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 1:21 pm
frozen to the keyboard

Brissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura about

i think i would be able to get the passmark since the visa type that i am applying for would be a designated area sponsored but the problem is that i currently work as software engineer which i am not that sure if vetassess would relate to my degree as an electronic and communications engineer.

Also, i am thinking of pursuing a lower point occuption say library technician so i would have a better chance of getting a positive assessment. what do you think? please let me know

Thanks!

Library Technicians in Australia have attended a course at TAFE for 2 years or so, it's a higher position than a Library Assistant. You will need to have the appropriate qualifications and experience to claim to be a Lib. Techie.
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 11:52 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

You don't understand. Vetassess just look at your degree to see if it's equivalent to an Australian bachelors. They don't care about degree subject, and don't care about what work experience you do or don't have.

DIMIA will assess your work experience after you apply. They will not usually ask for an ACS skill assessment, but will do their own assessment of whether you are working in a skilled occupation (eg IT) or not. This will depend on exactly what your duties are.

Look - you've asked the same question a number of times and obviously aren't getting anywhere. If you are serious about getting a visa, then do yourself a favour and hire an experienced agent who deals with this kind of case every day. Ask on the forum for recommendations and make sure whoever you choose is MARA registered.

Jeremy