Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

End of our dream....

End of our dream....

Old Aug 23rd 2005, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Default End of our dream....

at the first hurdle!

Our Sponsors/Assurers in Oz say 'So sorry, but No!'

Ah well....

Our mistake was to visit Oz at Easter 2005. We liked it so much we wanted to come and stay. But now it's not to be....

Steve & Lynn
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 12:11 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: End of our dream....

Thats harsh. Have you checked into all the alternative routes?
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 12:12 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hevs
Thats harsh. Have you checked into all the alternative routes?

That is harsh, but I agree with Hevs, it's worth really looking into it as there may well be another way in.

Dont give up, we're all behind you
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 12:15 pm
Banned

mutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nice

Originally Posted by Stephen Jones
at the first hurdle!

Ah well....

Our mistake was to visit Oz at Easter 2005. We liked it so much we wanted to come and stay. But now it's not to be....

Steve & Lynn
I know how you must feel being stuck in shitty south wales.
Hope you work something out.
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of

Thats very sad. Like the others said. Is there no other way? Daft question really as its probably all you've thought about.
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond repute

at the first hurdle!

Ah well....

Steve & Lynn

Hi All,

Should have said....have searched all the different visas (126 etc) but withouth the sponsors cannot ever get enough points.

Thanks for the sympathy.

Steve
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 12:36 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Should have said....have searched all the different visas (126 etc) but withouth the sponsors cannot ever get enough points.

Thanks for the sympathy.

Steve

Old Aug 23rd 2005, 12:41 pm
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

Hi All,

Thanks for the sympathy.

Steve
Hi Steve & Lynn,

So sorry to read this. I know how it feels, we've been there.
Just wanted to say:
Never say never...... we were in the same boat - for the 15 years we've been together, we've failed, failed, then failed some more to get sufficient points for any visa... then finally we find that we now qualify for a business visa...

So it may be "not now" rather than "not ever".....

Hope it works out for you eventually.

All the best,
RT.
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 12:42 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Thanks for the sympathy.

Steve
Steve,

Sorry to hear this - it is very difficult if you are reliant upon sponsorship. Obviously I don't know why they have said no, but I hope that the situation does eventually work out for you, and you are able to get sponsorship.

Rgds,
Nicky
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Pinkyfox is a jewel in the roughPinkyfox is a jewel in the roughPinkyfox is a jewel in the roughPinkyfox is a jewel in the roughPinkyfox is a jewel in the rough

Don't give up!!!

I am sure you have thought of lots of options, but hey just in case, have you tried looking for a job and getting them to try and sponsor you!!

Keep trying, you never know what might be round the corner!!!

Donna (2)
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Sorry to hear that you are unable to move to oz . We wish you good luck in what ever you chose to do
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

cybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant future

Never say Never. Have another look at the Dima website you might have missed something. Have you tried for a state nominated visa? I am sure they require less points. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute

at the first hurdle!

Ah well....

Steve & Lynn
This does sound a bit harsh .....now I'm not trying to be nosey here, so don't take this the wrong way, and I don't want to know the details, but is there nothing you can do to make your assurers / sponsors a bit more comfortable with the idea? We used my cousin for our assurers and aunt/uncle for sponsors. We had only ever met them once, and I realise it's quite a big deal that they have to sign up to say they will support you if need be. So we had to make sure they were really comfortable with the idea, because they don't really have much money and although on paper they are committed to supporting us if the need arose, in reality they would be horrified at the idea! It was a big price to pay, but we told them they could keep the assurance money and give it to the kids after the two years were up. $5000 is a lot, but believe me, we felt it was absolutely 100% worth it, and I would have worked my but off in overtime to get our assurance bond, or sold my body on the streets (but I wouldn't get anything for that!).

We also shared a lot of personal financial information with my cousins to make sure that they realised we weren't going to be a burden to them. We are now all the absolute best of friends and my distant cousins, aunt and uncle have grown very close to us. We would have been stuffed without them.

Seriously though, its only 2 years that the sponsor /assurer relationship runs for, not a lifetime. I really feel for you, and hope that you can find a way round this. I would have grovelled on my hands and knees to the ends of the earth to sort this visa out.

I wish you all the luck in the world and hope you manage to sort this out. Good luck karma on its way to you......

Netta
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 3:54 pm

MojoJojo will become famous soon enoughMojoJojo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JohnAndNetta
This does sound a bit harsh .....now I'm not trying to be nosey here, so don't take this the wrong way, and I don't want to know the details, but is there nothing you can do to make your assurers / sponsors a bit more comfortable with the idea? We used my cousin for our assurers and aunt/uncle for sponsors. We had only ever met them once, and I realise it's quite a big deal that they have to sign up to say they will support you if need be. So we had to make sure they were really comfortable with the idea, because they don't really have much money and although on paper they are committed to supporting us if the need arose, in reality they would be horrified at the idea! It was a big price to pay, but we told them they could keep the assurance money and give it to the kids after the two years were up. $5000 is a lot, but believe me, we felt it was absolutely 100% worth it, and I would have worked my but off in overtime to get our assurance bond, or sold my body on the streets (but I wouldn't get anything for that!).

We also shared a lot of personal financial information with my cousins to make sure that they realised we weren't going to be a burden to them. We are now all the absolute best of friends and my distant cousins, aunt and uncle have grown very close to us. We would have been stuffed without them.

Seriously though, its only 2 years that the sponsor /assurer relationship runs for, not a lifetime. I really feel for you, and hope that you can find a way round this. I would have grovelled on my hands and knees to the ends of the earth to sort this visa out.

I wish you all the luck in the world and hope you manage to sort this out. Good luck karma on its way to you......

Netta
Good post Netta,

I think it's a good idea to have another go at your sponsor/assurer...what have you got to lose? Have you asked the opinion of an agent on where you stand, there maybe a way round for you. Anything is worth a try.
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JohnAndNetta

Netta

Hi Netta,

Thanks for this. I realise now that the way I wrote my opening lines was expressing my disappointment rather than the 'true' situation. Like you, we were/are planning to use a cousin and aunt/uncle for sponsors.

We have met Lynn's aunt (who has by the way been saying....come to Oz) but not her cousin.

Like yourselves, I have to sell them on the "assurer" idea and the fact that we would NEVER actually call upon them to spend any money on us. Just as you did, we will have to prove our savings etc. We are currently in the fortunate position of not having a mortgage so the sale of the house should tide us over for a bit at least!

I think we need to take a backward step and try a differing approach....

Thanks for the encouragement.

Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.