Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Encounter at the beach today!

Encounter at the beach today!

Old Feb 18th 2006, 4:27 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of
Smile Encounter at the beach today!

Walking my dog along the beach today at Coniston beach (wollongong) and thought I'd go in for a dip......after about five mins..I saw a fin..... :scared: I thought this is it I'm brown bread....but then I realised there were about 10 fins....they were dolphins....frolicking in the surf and coming in on the waves...they were gorgeous...I feel so privileged...even if I did initially think the worst!!! :scared:

This is what it's all about!!

Rachel
Old Feb 18th 2006, 4:59 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Encounter at the beach today!

amazing isn't it?

I was at Monkey Mia and the best bit was not when they give you a bit of fish to feed one, but when one was darting back and forth chasing a fish into shallow water (the fish got away!).

I also have fond memories of a diving holiday in Scotland, and seeing large pods go by whilst having dinner.
Old Feb 18th 2006, 5:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Gold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welshie
Walking my dog along the beach today at Coniston beach (wollongong) and thought I'd go in for a dip......after about five mins..I saw a fin..... :scared: I thought this is it I'm brown bread....but then I realised there were about 10 fins....they were dolphins....frolicking in the surf and coming in on the waves...they were gorgeous...I feel so privileged...even if I did initially think the worst!!! :scared:

Rachel

I bet you were a tad concerned. :scared: Great experience for you and a nice story.

Karma giving time.
Old Feb 18th 2006, 6:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Rachel
Fantastic what you can see in and around the water in Aussie Isn't It. I dont think I've ever seen Dolphins in the Wild, but have seen whales breaching etc etc.

Just back from Warrnambool, I haven't been there since I came to Aussie, for a holiday in the late 70's. Bloody fantastic place, much bigger than I remembered, lots of heritage buildings and the best trees I've seen in any city in Aussie, 100 ft rubber trees for instance by the dozen, (they must have had 40' circumference trunks as well) lining the the centre Medium strips down streets Like Henna and liebig st. Anyone In Victoria, if they get Visitors in my opinion. I've just moved Warrnambool right up there into the top 3 places to visit in Vic, basically because the place oozes class, and yet isn't pretentious.

Excuse the digression above, however the culmination of today, just as we were leaving, we were all having a look at the Southern Ocean down near the breakwater, where the fishermen clean and gut their Catch, and blow me down.. about 5 stingrays, biggest ones I've seen, about 9 feet across just grazing on the scraps from the fishermen above, in about 2 feet of water. A Awesome sight.

Fine City Warrnambool.

I'm spewing that I couldn't find enough time to go fishing myself though.
Old Feb 18th 2006, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Nice one it's something i'm so looking forward to .
Old Feb 18th 2006, 8:41 am
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Rachel

Sounds fantastic !!!
Just going into dream mode now!!

Kris xx
Old Feb 18th 2006, 8:43 am
Gold Coast and Loving it.

nick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond repute

Rachel
Fintastic (bad pun!)

Swam with dolphins at Discovery Cove USA looking forward to them in the wild...

Nick
Old Feb 18th 2006, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Rachel
Dont you feel great just watching them, so relaxing.
we go down to our beach, Koombana bay and they swim round us, loverly.
Old Feb 18th 2006, 9:13 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Rachel
its funny ive been here nearly two years and still havent seen any
Old Feb 18th 2006, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Rachel
How lucky was that - when we were in Broome we went on a boat trip to 'Dolphin' spot - never saw any
Old Feb 18th 2006, 9:18 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by soapy
its funny ive been here nearly two years and still havent seen any

You stick to the pink elephants mate.
Old Feb 18th 2006, 9:27 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
You stick to the pink elephants mate.
i will i axpect a few the night
Old Feb 18th 2006, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Rachel
Rachel, thats amazing
You're spending loads of time at the beach (lucky thing)
Hows your beautiful doggie enjoying his new life
Old Feb 18th 2006, 10:07 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

How fantastic is that!!! I can't wait to experience things like that when we get out there!!
Old Feb 18th 2006, 10:21 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hilary6
Rachel, thats amazing
You're spending loads of time at the beach (lucky thing)
Hows your beautiful doggie enjoying his new life
We all go to the beach everyday with the dog. He sits in our UV tent when he wants a rest and a break from the sun. He just sleeps constantly..this weather is really tiring him out!