Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Employment what do you do?

Employment what do you do?

Old Oct 8th 2003, 8:56 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

LOL Pete & seang

Jon (I think its Jon!), yes, Dagboy loves his job. Never happier than when hes being a geek .

Although looking at some of the other posters in here & the what you earn thread, if he ever gets sick of it he can always go back to engineering!
Old Oct 8th 2003, 8:59 am
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jandjuk

Anybody actually enjoy (or perhaps 'love') working in IT??

I do

I used to work as a mechanical engineer in the MoD - interesting but crap pay and prospects.
Been in IT nearly 8 years - still find it interesting, still like the geeky stuff. Sad or what?
Cheers,

DagBoy
Old Oct 8th 2003, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough

I'm in Finance. I aspire to be a golf-bum / housewife.

Husband is a Civil Engineer. He aspires to be next Jamie Oliver (thank goodness one of us can cook).

Old Oct 8th 2003, 9:04 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by jandjuk

Anybody actually enjoy (or perhaps 'love') working in IT??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i like it most of time but reality is i may need to look at others areas to secure employment in OZ.My desire to live in OZ outweighs my love of job
Old Oct 8th 2003, 9:12 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

I am a nurse and t'other half is a plasterer.
would love to retrain and do something different, but apart from wiping bums for a living, not much else I can do!

sue
Old Oct 8th 2003, 9:13 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
I am a nurse and t'other half is a plasterer.
would love to retrain and do something different, but apart from wiping bums for a living, not much else I can do!

sue
At least you'll have no problems getting work, wherever you end up , the world is full of bums
Old Oct 8th 2003, 9:27 am
Just Joined

Sheffutd is an unknown quantity at this point

IT as well - bored of it now, the UK IT market is saturated with IT people so IT jobs much more difficult to get into. I want to change career - looking at plumbing courses or building courses in the UK at the minute.
Old Oct 8th 2003, 9:28 am
happy bunny!!

teresa.c is an unknown quantity at this point

Im a nurse too!!

Hubby is an electrical engineer.

We both wanna do something different when we get to Oz, own business maybe, in what I have no idea!
Old Oct 8th 2003, 9:31 am
Melbourne wannabe

Sparkley is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a freelance writer (web/brochure copy, press articles - anything that needs words!) and PR consultant and my b/f is a golf pro (he's an Aussie). When we eventually move out to Melbourne I hope to continue some work for UK clients as most of what I do is via email. (not sure if will be poss but that's what I'm hoping!)

Sparkley
Old Oct 8th 2003, 9:33 am
tennisoz

Originally posted by seang
IT(but hate saying i work in IT -who doesnt now adays
Me, teacher of IT!! Accounting and Finance and Business Management. Wife - Geography teacher.

TennisOz

Old Oct 8th 2003, 9:46 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Employment what do you do?

I'm a Information Analyst for the NHS

TT

Originally posted by dotty
As we all had to fess up how much we earn yesterday, howabout a thread which says what you do for a living.

Me own company, imports.
Old Oct 8th 2003, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

pabloako is an unknown quantity at this point

Hopefuly rent our deck chairs on a beach.

Originally posted by bondipom
Mrs Dagboy have you though about entering the workplace?
Old Oct 8th 2003, 10:03 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Hubby is a qualified Bricky but works as a site manager at the moment. He's got a job offer in NZ as a Bricklayer and cant wait to get back on the tools and away from all the stress and grief he gets at the moment

I was a sterilising technician until a couple of months ago putting together the instrument sets etc for the operating theatres, Im the one who gets shouted at down the phone by some irrate theatre nurse whos job is on the line cos so and so consultant doesnt have his instruments yet (then they usually find them in the stockroom where theyve been all along)
Old Oct 8th 2003, 10:09 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

Gidday,

I work in avionics - customer support engineer. Background in electronics engineering technology.

I feel like an outsider to all you IT types!

W.
Old Oct 8th 2003, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Hi all Hubby is a bricky but has been off the trowel for a couple of months and is supervising like he did in the UK and loves it , me im a housewife / part time gift shop assistant / studying travel and tourism at Tafe , to be what i dont really know yet so will see how it goes.
Joanne

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.