Reload this Page >

Employment Trends

Employment Trends

Old Dec 18th 2008, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

grantvt is on a distinguished road
Default Employment Trends

Hi,

Does anyone know of any good websites that provide data and statistics of job market trends in Australia?

Thanks.

Last edited by grantvt; Dec 18th 2008 at 8:04 am.
Old Dec 18th 2008, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

RCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud of
Default Re: Employment Trends

Without having looked at these extensively myself you may like to try places such as;
Hays
Seek
CareerOne

and browse through some of their research tools, salary surveys etc.

Also try an internet search for the Australian Bureau of Statistics.

Finally, ignore everything that you research as in the current economic climate there are no guarantees about anything: past performance is not a reliable predictor of the future.
Old Dec 18th 2008, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RCoight
Without having looked at these extensively myself you may like to try places such as;
Hays
Seek
CareerOne

and browse through some of their research tools, salary surveys etc.

Also try an internet search for the Australian Bureau of Statistics.

Finally, ignore everything that you research as in the current economic climate there are no guarantees about anything: past performance is not a reliable predictor of the future.
Thanks, I have looked through those sites already. Ill check out the Australian Bureau of Statistics.
I suppose people compare the economic climate to that of the past but I'm sure the economy is far more international now days making predictions difficult and unreliable as you say.

Last edited by grantvt; Dec 18th 2008 at 8:10 am.
Old Dec 18th 2008, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

RCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by grantvt
I suppose people compare the economic climate to that of the past but I'm sure the economy is far more international now days.
I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing when trying to predict what will happen to the Australian market but I hope you find what you are looking for.
Old Dec 18th 2008, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RCoight
I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing when trying to predict what will happen to the Australian market but I hope you find what you are looking for.
Ye your right, may not be such a good thing as what happens internationally will have greater affects actually. Anyway, I’m doing some research.

I suppose it is also just a wait and see thing to a large extent - What governments do and how markets respond.

Aaargh - world economics.
Old Dec 19th 2008, 4:19 pm
Melbourne - NE suburbs

DownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by grantvt
Hi,

Does anyone know of any good websites that provide data and statistics of job market trends in Australia?

Thanks.
http://www.anz.com/aus/about/media/j...r=2008&type=aj
ANZ Job Advertisement Series

The ANZ Job Advertisement Series measures the number of jobs advertised in the major daily newspapers and internet sites covering the capital cities each month. It has historically proved to be a very good indicator of future labour market conditions and thus, is extensively relied upon for forecasting employment growth.
Attached Thumbnails Employment Trends-20-12-2008-4.22.22-am.png  

Last edited by DownUnderPaddy; Dec 19th 2008 at 4:24 pm.
Old Dec 20th 2008, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DownUnderPaddy
http://www.anz.com/aus/about/media/j...r=2008&type=aj
ANZ Job Advertisement Series

The ANZ Job Advertisement Series measures the number of jobs advertised in the major daily newspapers and internet sites covering the capital cities each month. It has historically proved to be a very good indicator of future labour market conditions and thus, is extensively relied upon for forecasting employment growth.
Thats great! thank you.