Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

employment/ morgage?

employment/ morgage?

Old Apr 3rd 2007, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: WAS, stourbridge w.mids NOW Waikiki, W.A.Hear almost 3 yrs.and still loving it.
ROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of light
Default employment/ morgage?

hello again,

How long does anyone have to be in employment(full i suppose?),before anyone will give u a morgage.?(west.au)

thanks.

c.
x
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 10:30 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: employment/ morgage?

Originally Posted by ROLLIE
hello again,

How long does anyone have to be in employment(full i suppose?),before anyone will give u a morgage.?(west.au)

thanks.

c.
x
I was working 3 weeks when we were approved for $310k. OH was not working and we had no down payment. We ended up backing out of the sale, but were approved no problems. We also had a good mortgage broker who went to the bank and spoke to the lending manager on our behalf.
Old May 7th 2007, 4:13 am
Forum Regular

Mark_Rigby has a spectacular aura aboutMark_Rigby has a spectacular aura aboutMark_Rigby has a spectacular aura about

Hi Rollie

I am an expat living in Perth for 4 years now, and work as a self-employed mortgage broker. I am currently handling finance for a client who arrived in Perth 3 days ago and don't expect any problems, but everyone's circumstances are different. Bear in mind the 30 different lenders that I work mean 30 different sets of policies and that's why a mortgage broker will have more success with recently arrived migrants. Drop me a post/email if you want further info or have more questions. Best wishes for your move.
Old May 7th 2007, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

clanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to all

We have been told a few times that would could not get a mortgage...as Oh is self employed....but we have now got someone who has said yes...but we have to wait until the 10/05 until they announce what is happening with the stamp duty for first time buyers....so it pays to shop around and keep looking
Old May 7th 2007, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Mark_Rigby has a spectacular aura aboutMark_Rigby has a spectacular aura aboutMark_Rigby has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Re: employment/ morgage?

Originally Posted by clanwylie
We have been told a few times that would could not get a mortgage...as Oh is self employed....but we have now got someone who has said yes...but we have to wait until the 10/05 until they announce what is happening with the stamp duty for first time buyers....so it pays to shop around and keep looking
Hi, hope the budget helps with the stamp duty problem then and hope that prices don't sky-rocket again in June when a the first time buyers return to the market.
Old May 7th 2007, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

clanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to all

Yeah ur probs right about that aswell...swings and roundabouts
Old May 7th 2007, 3:42 pm
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know how they calculate what you can have? If one person is on say 60k and has a 30k deposit how much could they borrow?
Old May 7th 2007, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

gemz is an unknown quantity at this point

hi i dont really understand any of this, can you get approved for a mortgage before you leave england? Do you need a permenant address in Oz b4 you can get a mortgage? Is it best to rent somewhere for 6 months have jobs then look at property? We should have a miimum income of about 52000aud how mmuch would we be able to borrow on a 100% or 95% mortgage?
thanks
Old May 7th 2007, 5:44 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mark_Rigby
Hi, hope the budget helps with the stamp duty problem then and hope that prices don't sky-rocket again in June when a the first time buyers return to the market.
hey mark,could i please ask,what qualifications do you need to be a mortgage broker in oz...?

thank you
Old May 7th 2007, 5:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston man
hey mark,could i please ask,what qualifications do you need to be a mortgage broker in oz...?

thank you
I asked Mark the same question haha, have a look for certificate IV finance. I have emailed a few courses to see if I can get credit for my current experience.
Old May 7th 2007, 5:49 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
I asked Mark the same question haha, have a look for certificate IV finance. I have emailed a few courses to see if I can get credit for my current experience.

at one time here couldn't anyone be a broker...i wouldn't mind doing it part time in oz...
Old May 7th 2007, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

at one time here couldn't anyone be a broker...i wouldn't mind doing it part time in oz...
The courses I have emailed are home courses (like flexistudy/openuni course), can do them from 6months - 2 years dependant on the amount of hours put in.

It may even look good on my CV to say 'working towards it' plus some companies can put you on the courses and pay for it..so not sure if to sign up as soon as possible after landing or to see how the job side goes.
Old May 7th 2007, 5:59 pm
Banned

The courses I have emailed are home courses (like flexistudy/openuni course), can do them from 6months - 2 years dependant on the amount of hours put in.

It may even look good on my CV to say 'working towards it' plus some companies can put you on the courses and pay for it..so not sure if to sign up as soon as possible after landing or to see how the job side goes.
thanks you good luck with it all...ast
Old May 7th 2007, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

thanks you good luck with it all...ast
Cheers Ast.. will let you know if my experience can be credited, fingers crossed they should get back to me over next few days.
Old May 7th 2007, 7:15 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Ast.. will let you know if my experience can be credited, fingers crossed they should get back to me over next few days.
hey Cath going off topic do you still have dealings with,work for credit card companies as i have a line of enquiry i would like to pursue ?

regards,

Lee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.