Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

employment check complete

employment check complete

Old May 29th 2017, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

jon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond repute
Default employment check complete

So on the journey of applying

after tarting stage 1 took 10 weeks to get approval and to confirm my employment history and skills check.

had numerous emails backwards and forwards about uploading certain things. One of the things that baffled me was they asked for all documents to be in english. i literally had to explain that i was english lived in england my whole life and all documents were in english and to show me where there were any documents not in english.... to which they responded please ignore previous email lol.

on the whole wherever i sent an email back the respone was within 2 working days and very polite and mostly helpful.

So now iv paid stage 2 and have a date for plumbing skills assessment. Has anyone on here done the skills assessment for plumbing and was it difficult ? how did you find it etc etc

any advice would be great
Old Jun 1st 2017, 9:51 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: employment check complete

Originally Posted by jon111
So on the journey of applying

after tarting stage 1 took 10 weeks to get approval and to confirm my employment history and skills check.

had numerous emails backwards and forwards about uploading certain things. One of the things that baffled me was they asked for all documents to be in english. i literally had to explain that i was english lived in england my whole life and all documents were in english and to show me where there were any documents not in english.... to which they responded please ignore previous email lol.

on the whole wherever i sent an email back the respone was within 2 working days and very polite and mostly helpful.

So now iv paid stage 2 and have a date for plumbing skills assessment. Has anyone on here done the skills assessment for plumbing and was it difficult ? how did you find it etc etc

any advice would be great
I'm not sure if you've found it yet, but there is a plumbing section on BE - Plumbers - British Expats

That said it is not that busy. There should be information on what to expect on the Vetassess site. Not sure if they are who you are using for your assessment, but they do have guides available to download. You should also have received some information from whoever is doing the assessment, and hopefully there will be some information in the plumbing section to help too.