Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

employment agencies perth

employment agencies perth

Old Jan 6th 2005, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

sunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura about
Default employment agencies perth

hi all,

anyone know any good employment agencies in perth? preferably an agency focusing on the northern suburbs as i dont have a car yet...
i'll be looking at data-entry work to start with, just to get used to 'office culture' in australia (if there is such a thing) and try to move on/upwards from there...

i've sent my resume to 4 agencies this week, but have only heard back from two of them - are there still a lot of people on holidays or do they just not want to know me
the two that i got an answer from both said they'd get back to me within ten working days - is this W(ait) A(while) style?

thanks,

tanja
Old Jan 6th 2005, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: employment agencies perth

Tanja,

Maybe try www.seek.com.au ? or www.careerone.com.au ?

they do all areas of australia, different types of jobs etc. - usually local agencies but all done through the seek.com website.

I'm in the UK so can't advise on how long they should take to get back to you but have worked through agencies here for 15 years. It's always the case that once you are "known" to an agent they treat you a lot better and you are always treated better if you already have a job particularly through another agency and they want to you to move and work through them!
(Seems to take a bit longer for them to get back to you if it's an OZ agency in my limited experience though.)

Hope this helps,

Andy.

PS - Don't give up!
Old Jan 6th 2005, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

Bella3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: employment agencies perth

Hi,

I live in the Northern Suburbs too, and when I started looking for work I basically went to all the agencies. They are very much like those in the UK where they promise you the earth and then you never hear from them again. Something that I did learn though is, if they get you to do speed tests for data entry, ask them for the results so that when you go to the next agency you can just present your results rather than take more tests. Most agencies have very similar tests to do. I learnt this after about the 3rd agency - when my other half got really peeved off waiting for me for hours - I was in 2 agencies for 2 and a half hours and got really peeved. Have to say though that these 2 agencies were the ones I got work with - Recruitment Solutions got me temping work, and then I got my permanent job through Adecco. I really do think it's the luck of the draw - I must have registered with 10 or so, and only heard from a few. Pester them. I don't think any concentrate on the Northern Suburbs as such, but if you stress that is where you prefer to work then they may take notice. I work in the city and get the train in - it's so much easier than driving, and you generally don't need a car as most stations have bus links to them. Seek is generally a good place to start to get the names and numbers of agencies that are around.

Good luck, I was here 2 and a half months before I got my permanent job in accounts. There is plenty of data entry work around, more if you have the experience in the packages they need.