Reload this Page >

employment advise..

employment advise..

Old Jun 28th 2012, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

weezypenguin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default employment advise..

So not to sure if anyone can help
So my wife started work 2 weeks ago. She was on a Permant Casual contract.
She was told later to day that they had to let her go due to the tone of her voice. We actually think it was a internal conflict with someone who thought she should have got the position and made the last 2 weeks hell for my wife.
Also this girl was very good friends with the boss of the location where the job was.
My wife was employeed by her big boss.
Her contract says that she had to give 4 weeks notice and that she could only be terminated without notice if found guilty of gross misconduct or willful neglect in the discharge of her Employees duties.

So any advise would be greatfully appricated.
Thanks in advance
Old Jun 28th 2012, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Chortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: employment advise..

Where are you based? Get in touch with Fair Work Australia who will be able to point you in the direction of your nearest legal aid centre. Check the contract to see if they have really broken the conditions. Good Luck
Old Jun 28th 2012, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

weezypenguin is an unknown quantity at this point

were are also in Brisvegas
Old Jun 28th 2012, 9:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weezypenguin
were are also in Brisvegas
1300 799 675

http://www.fwa.gov.au/index.cfm?pagename=legislation
Old Jun 28th 2012, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh the old office politics.

The position I got last year it turns out the guy in the next office applied for it and I beat him to it.

He gave me a hard time to begin with, his attitude was pretty bad, couldn't understand why they went external rather than offer him a job he had been covering for a short period. But then he didn't do himself any favours because management knew he had this kind of attitude, which was likely one of the reasons I beat him to the job.

Some internal applicants just cannot accept being second when going for a job and will try and undermine the person in the new position. I cleared the air with this guy pretty quickly, wasn't going to stand for any rubbish from him.

Sounds like there is a very poor management style / structure in this company.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

abi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud of

do they mean 'tone of her voice' or are they suggesting her accent's a problem? I'd have thunk they'd need a lot more evidence than just that comment if they're suggesting she's committed gross misconduct by what she may have said. Either way - I agree you should get advice from Fair Work doesn't sound like they're honouring their own contract by not giving 4 weeks' notice.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 2:22 am
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

4 weeks notice may not apply if she is still within any probationary period.
worth checking the contract to see if that is relevant.
Good luck, sounds crappy all round.