EMPLOYMENT

Old Feb 25th 2008, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Amanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud of
Wink EMPLOYMENT

Hi Guys
I write this at 4:30 am ozzie time !!

Well me and Phil are in sunny perth after arriving Sat to validate our visas. Its amazing the weather is gorgeous the jet lag is not. Property prices have risen but its just like what is happening across the world. It did not take long to remind us why we are doing this !

My question is this. We were going to emmigrate for good in Dec this yr. We have spoken to a guy here who has said it is not a good time to get work ? Is this the case for anyone else ? do you think we should wait until Jan Feb after the xmas ? I am starting to feel scared about the whole thing and do not know what to do for the best. Just wondering if anyone can give us there thoughts and experiences

Thanks

Amanda xx
Old Feb 25th 2008, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

ronnie98 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: EMPLOYMENT

Originally Posted by Amanda&Phil
Hi Guys
I write this at 4:30 am ozzie time !!

Well me and Phil are in sunny perth after arriving Sat to validate our visas. Its amazing the weather is gorgeous the jet lag is not. Property prices have risen but its just like what is happening across the world. It did not take long to remind us why we are doing this !

My question is this. We were going to emmigrate for good in Dec this yr. We have spoken to a guy here who has said it is not a good time to get work ? Is this the case for anyone else ? do you think we should wait until Jan Feb after the xmas ? I am starting to feel scared about the whole thing and do not know what to do for the best. Just wondering if anyone can give us there thoughts and experiences

Thanks

Amanda xx
what work are you after, I will be doing the same so let us all know how you get on
Old Feb 25th 2008, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Amanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ronnie98
what work are you after, I will be doing the same so let us all know how you get on
Well I work for a bank as a mtge advisor not sure if I can do that here need to re train !! Phil is a joiner.

Amanda x
Old Feb 25th 2008, 8:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

There usually isn't a great many jobs advertised between December and mid January, so if you need jobs straight away then you would be best moving before or after then.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 9:07 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Amanada,

Many workplaces have semi-compulsory shutdowns over the Xmas period....for example my employer expected 80 percent of staff (office based servicing clients who also have Xmas shutdowns) to take off the period Dec 22 - Jan 13 last year...using their own annual leave of course!

So I'd agree with Wendy, Dec/Jan is not a great time for job hunting.

B
Old Feb 25th 2008, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

Hills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud of

Amanda

Tradesman always seem to be in demand. Can't comment about Perth specifically (I'm near Adelaide) and I've only been here since September, but the usual job supplements in the local paper here got noticeably thinner in December/January - as well as the usual Xmas break it's also the southern summer holiday season - and things didn't really pick up until after Australia Day, which is towards the end of January.

We decided to move out in September so we could have the benefit of a decent summer in the UK (didn't turn out that way, mind) and move here before it got too cold in the UK; and to give us a fighting chance of buying a house and getting our stuff here before Christmas. So we arrived here in spring and then had another summer. Nice. We bought our house in November and our stuff arrived in mid-December. Sorted.

Enjoy your trip and all the best for your migration later this year.

I used to work near Durham and you've chosen a good time of year to get away from the north-east for some sun.

Hills Boy