employment

Old Feb 24th 2008, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

geordies4life will become famous soon enoughgeordies4life will become famous soon enough
Default employment

hi just wondering if anyone can help me i have been plastering and tiling for a year now on weekend and spare time just done a short course so no qualification as such and have all my own tools. My question is really will i be able to find work doing this maybe working along side some one at first.
My full time work is a welder not time service but have 6 years experience. i would like to take up the tiling and plastering in australia if i could but will always have the welding if not. we are hoping to be out Oct/Nov 08 time.
My partner has work already as she is a nurse got work in picu in brisbane i would just like to secure work before i arrive if possible i have 2 young girls . Any help would be greatly received
Old Feb 24th 2008, 5:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of
Default Re: employment

Originally Posted by geordies4life
hi just wondering if anyone can help me i have been plastering and tiling for a year now on weekend and spare time just done a short course so no qualification as such and have all my own tools. My question is really will i be able to find work doing this maybe working along side some one at first.
My full time work is a welder not time service but have 6 years experience. i would like to take up the tiling and plastering in australia if i could but will always have the welding if not. we are hoping to be out Oct/Nov 08 time.
My partner has work already as she is a nurse got work in picu in brisbane i would just like to secure work before i arrive if possible i have 2 young girls . Any help would be greatly received
Hiya,

My OH is a welder, and looking around on the web, there are plenty of welding jobs in Bris.

Maybe you should use your welding for the short term when you arrive, that way you can research at your leisure, oh, and you'll have money coming in at the same time.

Donna.