Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Employer sponsorship

Employer sponsorship

Old Jan 22nd 2006, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

OBI WAN is just really niceOBI WAN is just really niceOBI WAN is just really niceOBI WAN is just really niceOBI WAN is just really niceOBI WAN is just really niceOBI WAN is just really niceOBI WAN is just really niceOBI WAN is just really niceOBI WAN is just really nice
Default Employer sponsorship

Does anyone know of a site where employers advertise for staff that they are willing to sponsor for a visa. I've looked at all the employment sites and newspapers for Australia, but I keep hearing of people getting sponsored and wondered where to find an employer who is willing to sponsor me and my family.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 1:38 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Employer sponsorship

Originally Posted by OBI WAN
Does anyone know of a site where employers advertise for staff that they are willing to sponsor for a visa. I've looked at all the employment sites and newspapers for Australia, but I keep hearing of people getting sponsored and wondered where to find an employer who is willing to sponsor me and my family.
My husband found his job advertised in a local paper. What trade are you??
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

OBI WAN is just really niceOBI WAN is just really niceOBI WAN is just really niceOBI WAN is just really niceOBI WAN is just really niceOBI WAN is just really niceOBI WAN is just really niceOBI WAN is just really niceOBI WAN is just really niceOBI WAN is just really nice

I'm a fabricator welder but I'm 46 and need an employer to sponsor me for a RSMS visa I thought there would be a site where employers advertise for employees that they are willing to sponsor. Ive looked in the papers and the ads seem to be for people already over in Australia, I want a sponsor ?
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 2:02 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a fabricator welder but I'm 46 and need an employer to sponsor me for a RSMS visa I thought there would be a site where employers advertise for employees that they are willing to sponsor. Ive looked in the papers and the ads seem to be for people already over in Australia, I want a sponsor ?
There are the regular employment sites like http://www.seek.com.au

But will need to be more resourceful than that. Start researching the kinds of companies that employ people in a trade like yours and maybe do some direct approaches. Is there a trade association that can help? Perhaps there are more potential employers in one part of Australia compared to another? What industry employs most peopke in your trade?

DIMIA will also waive the age limit on ENS, so don't restrict yourself to RSMS eligible areas.

State migration authorities (like Victoria) can't sponsor you for STNI but may be able to point you towards employers: http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au

And if you haven't done a TRA skill assessment, you should consider doing one now. You'll likely need it for a visa if a job comes up.

Jeremy
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 3:06 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

My husband is an Airframe Fitter and the job was advertised in a local UK paper offering Temp Visa Sponsorship initially and then perm residency. I think we've been very lucky to be honest. Its Qantas thats sponsoring him which is all the better because we also get discounted flights!

Good luck with your search

Rach xxxx