Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Employer Responses Are SHOCKING!

Employer Responses Are SHOCKING!

Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

on a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud of
Default Employer Responses Are SHOCKING!

Hi all,

Is it me or something else.

I finding any jobs that are available the response to acknowledge your application is non-existent.

I find this rude and fustrating, and almost well , if you cant respond sod it , I am not bothered about the job anyway.

If I operated in this manner I wouldnt have a job or clients...
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:30 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Employer Responses Are SHOCKING!

Are you applying within Oz?
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

on a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud of

Overseas,

but found similar problems when I was there
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:54 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by on a mission
Overseas,

but found similar problems when I was there
I found when i lived in Bangkok and was applying for jobs via Seek in Oz. NO ONE! Responded. It wasnt until i was in the country that people got back to. I have my current job through seek. I think thats what it is. If you aren't in the country they are not really interested.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 8:06 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I've found that very often they say in the application bumpf if you haven't heard anything by a certain date you have been unlucky. I don't have a problem with it. I just assume they have better things to spend their money on than posting out many many letters saying thanks but no thanks. In my experience, employers are happy to take phone calls requesting info as to why you haven't been successful.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

I have compiled a massive list now of jobs I have applied for repsonse time, and actions.

from this I calculate a lead time of days to resposne, and if nothing at all, I will then score this.

And I will publish it too, on here so all employment agencies can be seen too.

There are a couple on here too, who have offered their services as a sponsor offering jobs, soon as I tell them I have PR, they dont want to know.

Sounds a hidden agenda that one, sponsoring people.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 8:35 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

I have compiled a massive list now of jobs I have applied for repsonse time, and actions.

from this I calculate a lead time of days to resposne, and if nothing at all, I will then score this.

And I will publish it too, on here so all employment agencies can be seen too.

There are a couple on here too, who have offered their services as a sponsor offering jobs, soon as I tell them I have PR, they dont want to know.

Sounds like you have too much time on your hands, get yourself a job!
Old Jul 5th 2007, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

All the time in the world...........

I might start my own company in recruitment...
Old Jul 5th 2007, 10:00 am
Just Joined

evil_witch is an unknown quantity at this point

Wish we could find one of those! Hidden agenda or not.

We've sent off loads of applications, and barely had an acknoledgement back and only one refusal.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 10:05 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

All the time in the world...........

I might start my own company in recruitment...
Please no, become an estate agent, become a cold-caller if you must but ANYTHING but a recruitment agent.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 10:09 am
Now in Perth and lovin it

Pookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nice

All you have to do is post the app, when they've had time to receive and consider it, then ring them up! I think it makes all the difference if you can actually have a conversation. And at least you'll know instead of getting frustrated. I applied for loads on seek and got no response then got the 1st job that I rang up
Old Jul 5th 2007, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know why people expect a response to every application - personally I think it is part of the application to follow it up with a phone call to check they have received what you posted/emailed/faxed. That way you have made personal contact, you'll stand out above others who were above that little effort, you will know they got it and you will show that you are the kind of person who follows things up.
My experience of applying for jobs in the UK was that if you didn't hear then you didn't get it. Over here, I have had a lot of nothings but a few 'thanks for the application can we keep you on our files?' emails. No skin off my nose - I don't expect companies to waste time massaging my ego. Either they invite you to interview or they don't, simple as!
Old Jul 5th 2007, 10:14 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Is it me or something else.

I finding any jobs that are available the response to acknowledge your application is non-existent.

I find this rude and fustrating, and almost well , if you cant respond sod it , I am not bothered about the job anyway.

If I operated in this manner I wouldnt have a job or clients...
TBH I wouldn't bother looking at a resume for someone not yet in the country either now or when we were still in the UK.

I have also found that not declining you is a very common thing here but it is not a rudeness. It is just the way they do it here and it means that if their first choice bails on them they can go to next in line. In WA especially, they are likely to have another vacancy to fill soon.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

the last 3 replies I agree with

All I will say, I have super skills, you just cant find in ordinary people.

So its their loss, and my gain that behaviour such as this only puts up my hourly rate.

In the climate of globalisation, location shouldnt matter.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

chmaiden has a spectacular aura aboutchmaiden has a spectacular aura aboutchmaiden has a spectacular aura about

am looking forward to the list though! Post and be damned!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.