Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

employer nomination visas

employer nomination visas

Old Jan 26th 2003, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

lucinda75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default employer nomination visas

Hi, I have just discovered this site, what a good thing you have going here! I am a uk nurse living in Aus, on a temporary 4 year employer nomination visa. I am applying for permenant residency through this scheme, and if anyone needs any pointers for either visa, I will help If I can!
Old Jan 27th 2003, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

golden girl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: employer nomination visas

How did you go about getting work over there, I am not in the nursing profession but seriously considering visiting Australia to visit the agencies to see what can be done, any advice
Old Jan 27th 2003, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Shikse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: employer nomination visas

Originally posted by golden girl
How did you go about getting work over there, I am not in the nursing profession but seriously considering visiting Australia to visit the agencies to see what can be done, any advice

What's your 'profession'?? This will be a good starter point!
Old Jan 28th 2003, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

Lana is an unknown quantity at this point

How does the temporary employer nomination work for doctors? My cousin is a doctor and she is interested. If you can help, I'd be very grateful.
Old Jan 28th 2003, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

lucinda75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

to lana,
I think that Aus is quite full of doctors at the moment because doctors are not listed as an occupation in demand; a lot of foreign students are educated here and get in that way to rotations etc..anyway, friends of mine say that NZ is the place to go if your an MD, as they are actively recruiting all specialties.In Aus, I think if she wanted to work in a very regional area she might have a good chance though, as noone wants to work there!! And of course the nursing crisis is getting WORSE, so you can come here with only a years exp' (like me) and be given priority processing for PR. If you are employer nommed lodged with all docs/medicals cxrs then it only takes 3months, as the application goes through your local mission, NOT adelaide.In answer to which professions apply, then it only matters for you to find a company that will sponsor you, and you must have 3 years exp post grad ( except nurses...you can get in as long as you can tell which end is which!!!) the employing company also has to prove that no Aussie can do the job (no jokes please...)
Old Jan 28th 2003, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

Lana is an unknown quantity at this point

Cool! I will tell her to look into New Zealand then. She is a brain surgeon.