Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Employee Sponsored nomination

Employee Sponsored nomination

Old Jan 13th 2007, 11:48 pm
Just Joined

nursegirl34 has a spectacular aura aboutnursegirl34 has a spectacular aura aboutnursegirl34 has a spectacular aura about
Default Employee Sponsored nomination

Hi Everyone

I have been in melbourne with my family almost a year to date on a 457 visa (not as bad as some may think!) my current employer has offered me sponsorship to permenant residency which I was about to do myself anyway (im a nurse) Im sure that this will cut down the paperwork for me but im not sure if I want to stay with this hospital yet.

Does anyone know what my obligations to this employer are if i do this? can I pull out of this job at a later date or am I tied to them for the duration of the sponsorship (I think that this will be 4 years)

All they have to do is pay the application fee anyway!

Thanks all
PS
Melbourne rocks!

Nursegirl
Old Jan 14th 2007, 9:18 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Employee Sponsored nomination

If you are in Melbourne I assume the visa is an ENS.

Check out the summary of this visa here
http://www.dimia.gov.au/skilled/skil.../ens/index.htm

And also the fine detail in booklet 5 here
http://www.dimia.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1131.pdf

I can see no minimum or maximum employment periods mentioned in the summary. It just says you have to present a contract signed by both parties.

However this is where the employer would presumably try to dictate a time period to protec his interest......but would it stand up ? Depends what's in the contract you sign I guess.....early leaving penalties perhaps........lawyer stuff.
Old Jan 14th 2007, 9:22 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Employee Sponsored nomination

Can't say any more other than what Bix has said ..
I'm a nurse in Melbourne too - arrived on a 457, but applied for PR 136 SI virtually straight away, and got it within 5 months.

Where are you working ?? I'm an Agency psych nurse...but tend to go to The Alfred and the Monash