Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

emotional weekend and week ahead

emotional weekend and week ahead

Old Sep 15th 2003, 5:46 am
BE Enthusiast

karenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to all
Default emotional weekend and week ahead

we fly next sunday and its goodbye time. we have had several gatherings which have been upbeat and fun, silly gifts and lots of laughter. it all got a bit serious on saturday, my sister stood up and read a poem for us and it was all why? and change your mind sort of lines. well, her and i have never really talked too much about my impending move and she has just been there in the background not saying much. after the party there was just me and alan and sister and her husband and we ended up in a late drinking den and it all came out. we'd all had a few so it was all very open! lots of tears and hugs assuring her we're not adandoning them and we will meet up when possible of course. glad to have cleared the air but it seems to have started me off. we keep saying things like this is the last time alan plays golf with his mates on a sunday morning, last time i will mow the lawn, last time we see so and so etc. etc.!!
take my cats to their new abode tonight, that will be hard.
just wanted to get it off my chest!
karen
Old Sep 15th 2003, 5:58 am
BE Enthusiast

lisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to all
Default Re: emotional weekend and week ahead

Originally posted by karenvirginia
we fly next sunday and its goodbye time. we have had several gatherings which have been upbeat and fun, silly gifts and lots of laughter. it all got a bit serious on saturday, my sister stood up and read a poem for us and it was all why? and change your mind sort of lines. well, her and i have never really talked too much about my impending move and she has just been there in the background not saying much. after the party there was just me and alan and sister and her husband and we ended up in a late drinking den and it all came out. we'd all had a few so it was all very open! lots of tears and hugs assuring her we're not adandoning them and we will meet up when possible of course. glad to have cleared the air but it seems to have started me off. we keep saying things like this is the last time alan plays golf with his mates on a sunday morning, last time i will mow the lawn, last time we see so and so etc. etc.!!
take my cats to their new abode tonight, that will be hard.
just wanted to get it off my chest!
karen

Karen

Sounds like you're having a hard time of it, but you just have to remember it's all going to be worth it. All your friends and relatives will have a new place for holidays now. And you never know, they might decide to follow in the future.

Im sure when our turn comes, we will probably be the same, only not as bad as its my mum and sister that live in Australia already, but yes I remember when they moved there, 13 years now, and here we are doing the same thing.

Have a wonderful time. By the where are you going?

Lisa
Old Sep 15th 2003, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

Dee_e56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Karen

Your posting was very emotional, brought a big lump to my throat. I know its hard to leave everyone behind. I moved to Switzerland last year. Its obvious its not as far as where you are going but next year we are off to NZ. People take each other for granted when we live close by, I bet you will have an even better relationship once you are gone. People will want to visit good excuse for holidays etc. You may even find others will follow. Invest in a web Cam they are great you can see and talk to each other. Chin up you are heading for a big adventure and will make lots of new friends in a fab place.

Dee
Old Sep 15th 2003, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

I know what you mean Dee. I also live overseas any everytime I have to say goodbye its horrid. I was in the UK a few weeks ago and a few days before it is time to come back I always go into sad mode thinking oh wont be doing this anymore etc. When I get back it takes me a few weeks to get back into the swing of things and them I am ok.

Dont worry Karen you will be ok once you get there - you will have loads to do and no time to think about it.
Good luck
debs