Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Emmigration Agents Fees?

Emmigration Agents Fees?

Old Mar 6th 2006, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Speargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really nice
Default Emmigration Agents Fees?

Can anyone tell me if this is the going rate? Just been quoted by the Emmigation Company to do a Skilled Sponsored Australian Visa. Told it would be fairly straitforward as I have a degree and skilled occupation.

Skills assessment of £295 then £2000 for visa processing then an extra £800 completion fee Giving a grand total of £3095 including VAT

(The Fixed costs at an extra; including Medicals/ Australian Immigation fees of £1450 approx for 2 Adults and one child)

Giving a grand total in excess of £4500??? Is this the going rate???
Old Mar 6th 2006, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Emmigration Agents Fees?

Originally Posted by Speargun
Can anyone tell me if this is the going rate? Just been quoted by the Emmigation Company to do a Skilled Sponsored Australian Visa. Told it would be fairly straitforward as I have a degree and skilled occupation.

Skills assessment of £295 then £2000 for visa processing then an extra £800 completion fee Giving a grand total of £3095 including VAT

(The Fixed costs at an extra; including Medicals/ Australian Immigation fees of £1450 approx for 2 Adults and one child)

Giving a grand total in excess of £4500??? Is this the going rate???
Des any of that include fees payable to DIMIA medical fees etc or is it just agency fees.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi my agent is charging me about £1200 , then the added cost of medicals/ police check/ Trade recognition/ DIMIA application fee. Which in the end will probably cost us for 2 adults and 3 children approx £2900.

Hope this helps,

Stacey
Old Mar 6th 2006, 9:02 pm
Just Joined

kersten and sven is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

That sounds expensive to me, though depends on whether the DIMIA fes are included ( I presume not from your post). We are only a couple but we used Ian Harrop who has been brilliant so far, also really friendly and give initial info on the phone. You can always ring them and compare.

Best wishes

Kersten
Old Mar 6th 2006, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Speargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really nice

Originally Posted by isgraham
Des any of that include fees payable to DIMIA medical fees etc or is it just agency fees.
The £1450 includes the fees including DIMIA Medical fees - fixed costs

The Fees solely to the Emmigration company for Skills Assessment, PRA and Completion Fee add up to £3090 including VAT

thanks for any advice....
Old Mar 6th 2006, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

The Fees solely to the Emmigration company for Skills Assessment, PRA and Completion Fee add up to £3090 including VAT

Yes that is expensive I paid 1600 in fees possibly not the cheapest around but I am in Sydney so it was worth it.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 9:35 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

thats more than double what i paid
Old Mar 6th 2006, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
thats more than double what i paid
I paid less than £1k for pure agents fees with no included costs. On top of that is your skills asses, visa application and medicals.

Jo
Old Mar 6th 2006, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

HEY THANKS TO YOU ALL....YOURE ALL TRUE STARS!!! MAY HAVE JUST SAVED ME FROM BEING SEVERLEY RIPPED OFF!!! I GUESS I OWE YOU ALL A DRINK WHEN I GET TO CAIRNS!!....so form an orderly queue!
Almost all the agent fees are between a grand and £1600 certainly not the £3090!

Thankyou
Old Mar 6th 2006, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

jo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant future

Hi,

Sounds very expensive, we applied and got a skilled designated area sponser visa, and we had to also put 2000 into a bond, which we will get back in 2 years.

All in pounds(there is no pounds sign on my keyboard, only the $)

1200 - Agent fees and getting my degree assessed.
991 - Visa app fee, police and health checks.

Goodluck.

Jo