Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Emmigratining to Aus advice

Emmigratining to Aus advice

Old Feb 18th 2005, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

jennsy has a spectacular aura aboutjennsy has a spectacular aura aboutjennsy has a spectacular aura about
Default Emmigratining to Aus advice

Dudes, need a bit of advice.

I am thinking about emigrating to Aus from England very seriously.

I have just done the online tests and pass the score crieria.. The Visa is called a 'sub class voluntary 9'. This is where my Australian cousin sponsers me. (Just on paper and i have to pay her a bond) Also the fact that i have a degree and an Ok job etc.

Basically i have spoken to some agents and the cost is about 1500.00 GBP. (Their fee) and about 1200.00 GBP for documents etc.

The Agents told me it will take about 15 months to go through. Now in all honesty this is a bit too long for me since I may meet a new bird or something like that. So really I want to go ASAP.

Do any of you guys know if I could go direct to the Australian Embassy, where it would be cheaper and quicker????

Also, have any of you gone down this route? Was it easy or hard?

Any ideas would be awesome
Old Feb 18th 2005, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emmigratining to Aus advice

A new bird?? surely this must be a true dinkum aussie guy?

As this seems to be directed at guys does it mean that you want no replies from girls?

Originally Posted by jennsy

I have just done the online tests and pass the score crieria.. The Visa is called a 'sub class voluntary 9'. This is where my Australian cousin sponsers me. (Just on paper and i have to pay her a bond) Also the fact that i have a degree and an Ok job etc.

Basically i have spoken to some agents and the cost is about 1500.00 GBP. (Their fee) and about 1200.00 GBP for documents etc.

The Agents told me it will take about 15 months to go through. Now in all honesty this is a bit too long for me since I may meet a new bird or something like that. So really I want to go ASAP.

Do any of you guys know if I could go direct to the Australian Embassy, where it would be cheaper and quicker????

Old Feb 18th 2005, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

sorry mate, it takes as long as it takes however you apply.

Just stay away from birds for a couple of years!

I didnt know that cousins could be sponsors, I though it had to be immediate family such as parents, siblings and aunt and uncles. Obviously I am wroing as you have already taken advice.
Old Feb 18th 2005, 5:16 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

I have a degree, and a teaching qualification. Neither of them will get me into Aus in a month of Sundays.....

I've never heard of this visa class before. Have you asked on the immigration forum for info?
Old Feb 18th 2005, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

jennsy has a spectacular aura aboutjennsy has a spectacular aura aboutjennsy has a spectacular aura about

I've been told that cousins can sponsor if you are going to an area which is in need of more people. Basically i was told that it wouldnt work in Sydney, but it would for Melbourne. I hope they are not bluffing!!!!

Originally Posted by manxfamily
sorry mate, it takes as long as it takes however you apply.

Just stay away from birds for a couple of years!

I didnt know that cousins could be sponsors, I though it had to be immediate family such as parents, siblings and aunt and uncles. Obviously I am wroing as you have already taken advice.
Old Feb 18th 2005, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tonyk38
I have a degree, and a teaching qualification. Neither of them will get me into Aus in a month of Sundays.....

I've never heard of this visa class before. Have you asked on the immigration forum for info?
one thing you will find is that patience is a virture, what ever you chose good luck
Old Feb 18th 2005, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really nice

Originally Posted by jennsy

Hi,

I would advise you contact either Alan Collett (http://www.gomatilda.com/) or George Lombard (http://www.austimmigration.com.au/). Both are highly regarded agents who also post on these forums. They will also be cheaper.

They will do a free assessment and I would trust their advice. I don't know which agent you are currently speaking to but their are quite a few dodgy ones out there. That's not to say the one you have contacted is dodgy, just a general warning!

good luck

alex
Old Feb 18th 2005, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers Alex...I will call them now
I would advise you contact either Alan Collett (http://www.gomatilda.com/) or George Lombard (http://www.austimmigration.com.au/). Both are highly regarded agents who also post on these forums. They will also be cheaper.

They will do a free assessment and I would trust their advice. I don't know which agent you are currently speaking to but their are quite a few dodgy ones out there. That's not to say the one you have contacted is dodgy, just a general warning!

good luck

alex[/QUOTE]