Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Emirates Vs Singapore Airlines anyone?

Emirates Vs Singapore Airlines anyone?

Old Sep 12th 2008, 6:07 am
BE Enthusiast

soulrebel will become famous soon enoughsoulrebel will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Emirates Vs Singapore Airlines anyone?

Originally Posted by bcworld
OK....adapter it is...this is from the horse's mouth:

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...ainment/pc.jsp

The 110 V AC system supports Australian 2/3-pin, European 2-pin, Japanese 2/3-pin, and US 2/3-pin plugs. A universal adapter is required for plugs that are not compatible with the system. Passengers are advised to bring along the universal adapters for use onboard during the flight.
Great. Thanks for that. Will get myself a european adaptor then.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 6:39 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soulrebel
Great. Thanks for that. Will get myself a european adaptor then.
But make sure the power adapter for the DVD can handle and step up 120V. It won't any harm but may give unreliable charging.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 6:40 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
If you're flying on the A380 then you should be able to run the DVD player off the in seat power. Any other type of plane flying between London & Sydney only has this in business & first. Having said that the crew will often be happy to charge a battery up for you then bring it back once its done.
Some newer Emirates aircraft have AC power in economy.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 2:10 pm
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Oliveoil
This is my first post so please be NICE! (and apologies if it is all over the show, you have too many smilies for me to cope with)

anyhoo, I am looking to fly from Manchester to Perth and have heard good things from both of the above, anyone got any pros and cons for me to consider?

Singapore is my pref but Emirates leave at better times (imo)

all tips gratefully received
Emirates dedicated new terminal (3) opens on 14th October but not all flights will operate into and out of it immediately, as it is a staged changeover. This should however reduce the overcrowding in terminal 1.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 2:48 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ray2gill
Emirates dedicated new terminal (3) opens on 14th October but not all flights will operate into and out of it immediately, as it is a staged changeover. This should however reduce the overcrowding in terminal 1.
FANTASTIC NEWS!
Old Sep 14th 2008, 6:51 pm
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know about anyone else but I intend to use Singapore again as I have used them twice on return journeys to Aus and they were excellent.