Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

EMIRATES STOPPED LUGGAGE INCREASE FOR MIGRANTS?

EMIRATES STOPPED LUGGAGE INCREASE FOR MIGRANTS?

Old Jan 4th 2010, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light
Default EMIRATES STOPPED LUGGAGE INCREASE FOR MIGRANTS?

Hi
Can anyone confirm this is the case as I spoke to someone at Emirates office who said they used to offer this but not anymore.
I am sure someone has booked recently and their luggage entitlement was increased to 50kg per person, or I may be wrong.
gary
Old Jan 4th 2010, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

OilDigger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EMIRATES STOPPED LUGGAGE INCREASE FOR MIGRANTS?

Not sure if it has been stopped, but it was only applicable on an unvalidated visa, we didn't qualify because we validated in August and they are hard core on allowances. You do get 30 Kg's plus 10 kg cabin baggage on an enconomy ticket so they are still ahead of the pack on allowances.
Old Jan 4th 2010, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light

think i have answered my own question having phoned the online booking department of Emirates. If I use the moving planet promo code online I get the extra luggage entitlement. Emirates main office failed to tell me this though when I phoned originally. Lucky I did a search on here and found out some info from other expat users.
Old Jan 4th 2010, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light

We are off in April/May and Emirates woudd be great for us as they fly from Birmingham.

So is it confirmed that with the code it's 50KG and can be used with an already validated visa?
Old Jan 4th 2010, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

if you use the code its 50kg but it must be your first trip with visa
Old Jan 4th 2010, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

Zenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to all

Hey 77hil
Noticed you are in Wolves too. Does everyone wanna escape from here? Wasn't the latest Lonely Planet rating that prompted you was it?

Actually I am an Aussie who just happened to come across Wolves and haven't been able to find a way back. It is our 12th anniversary here in 3 weeks and finally we will be returning to Perth in approx 8 weeks. We are looking at using Emirates too. My brother-in-law reckons they are excellent and with the extra 10kg luggage allowance on the other airlines we are going to give them a go. Unfortunately we don't qualify for the 50kg - they discriminate against Australian passport holders.

Are you planning on shipping stuff over? We are still yet to decide (nothing like leaving it til the last minute)
Best of luck with your move.
Old Jan 4th 2010, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light

If there is one area that isn't that lovely in England it's the Midlands. Well done on sticking it out so long.

Will probably store a lot of stuff here. We don't really have that much anyway as we have slowly been selling our worldly goods for the past year. Good luck on your move though!

The Emirates offer sounds good but I'm a bit confused about the visa validation thing. We did validate our visas in a trip we made a couple of years ago but customs stamped a page in my passport not the visa. So could I be a bit cheeky and present it as an unvalidated visa?

Last edited by 77hil; Jan 4th 2010 at 10:57 pm.
Old Jan 4th 2010, 11:43 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 77hil
If there is one area that isn't that lovely in England it's the Midlands. Well done on sticking it out so long.

Will probably store a lot of stuff here. We don't really have that much anyway as we have slowly been selling our worldly goods for the past year. Good luck on your move though!

The Emirates offer sounds good but I'm a bit confused about the visa validation thing. We did validate our visas in a trip we made a couple of years ago but customs stamped a page in my passport not the visa. So could I be a bit cheeky and present it as an unvalidated visa?
No, they don't actually stamp the visa. If you entered then you validated.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 6:26 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garyp
think i have answered my own question having phoned the online booking department of Emirates. If I use the moving planet promo code online I get the extra luggage entitlement. Emirates main office failed to tell me this though when I phoned originally. Lucky I did a search on here and found out some info from other expat users.
That's because Moving Planet is nothing to do with Emirates. Asking them for the MP discount will get nothing more than question marks.

The only way to get extra allowance is to either travel via the US, travel with Emirates using the MP voucher and having an unvalidated visa with a one way ticket or travelling with Singapore Air again with an unvalidated visa on a one way ticket.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
That's because Moving Planet is nothing to do with Emirates. Asking them for the MP discount will get nothing more than question marks.

The only way to get extra allowance is to either travel via the US, travel with Emirates using the MP voucher and having an unvalidated visa with a one way ticket or travelling with Singapore Air again with an unvalidated visa on a one way ticket.
Is using the IOM organisation in Canberra no good?
Old Jan 5th 2010, 9:14 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 77hil
Is using the IOM organisation in Canberra no good?
No idea. It's come up on various threads I think. May be worth a search.

Edit: Have a read of these:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=645430
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=640534
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=587529
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=583760

Last edited by moneypenny20; Jan 5th 2010 at 9:22 am. Reason: Found some threads.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

http://www.iom.int/australia/projects.html

Here is a link to their website. I don't know much about them either but see the second project down on "Concessional Fares for Immigrants Travelling to Australia and New Zealand" for more info.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 9:23 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Just added some threads on them on the previous post.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moneypenny20

When I phoned Emirates online bookings he actually quoted moving planet(emirates.com/movingplanet) for extra luggage. So they must have something to do with Emirates. When you use this link to book its set up for moving planet on the Emirates site as you go along. Maybe the online booking team have a secret.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 12:00 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by garyp
When I phoned Emirates online bookings he actually quoted moving planet(emirates.com/movingplanet) for extra luggage. So they must have something to do with Emirates. When you use this link to book its set up for moving planet on the Emirates site as you go along. Maybe the online booking team have a secret.
Well they obviously have an agreement with them. Impressed that you were told about the MP offer by Emirates though. That's good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.