Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Emirates or Singapore airlines

Emirates or Singapore airlines

Old May 7th 2009, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light
Default Emirates or Singapore airlines

who should i fly with Emirates or Singapore Airlines? been with SA but not Emirates.
Emirates £400 cheaper but connect at dubai and stop to refuel in Singapore.
SA connect in Singapore. thought these were great last time I flew with them.
also Emirates use boeing 777-300eER and SA Airbus. help me out someone please
Old May 7th 2009, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Emirates or Singapore airlines

Originally Posted by garyp
who should i fly with Emirates or Singapore Airlines? been with SA but not Emirates.
Hi,
We are just back from Queensland after validating our visa and I would recommend Singapore Airlines. They were fab!!!!
Helena
Old May 7th 2009, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light

thanks for reply
Old May 7th 2009, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Hi there
We flew out with Emirates when we validated, Manchester-Dubai-Singapore-Brisbane on the 777-300ER and they were fantastic.
We have also booked our one way flights with them on 24th June 09. We banked our air miles when we validated so have managed to upgraded to Business Class for the last part of the journey, (Singapore to Brisbane) at a cost of £98 per person extra.
Enjoy, whoever you book with.
Old May 7th 2009, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

I have long been flying on both airlines. They are neck to neck in service quality. If Emirates is cheaper by $400, perhaps you should go for it unless you think the extra stop in Dubai is not worth the savings.
Old May 7th 2009, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just booked with Emirates from Birmingham to Brisbane for £2500 for family of 4 (3 adults 1 child) flying 28th june for my interview/reccie come holiday for 3 weeks.
Is this a good price? searched all week and found it was cheaper to book direct online with Emirates
Old May 7th 2009, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

Lornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to all

Just booked with Emirates from Birmingham to Brisbane for £2500 for family of 4 (3 adults 1 child) flying 28th june for my interview/reccie come holiday for 3 weeks.
Is this a good price? searched all week and found it was cheaper to book direct online with Emirates
We have just booked Emirates from Newcastle to Brisbane 29th June £2800 4 adults 1 child one way.

Lorna
Old May 7th 2009, 10:26 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

I would save the 400 quid and book Emirates.
Old May 7th 2009, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

Emirates are really good. The food just keeps on coming.

I did the Gatwick - Dubai - Singapore - Melbourne route. It was nice as broke the journey up into three legs about 6 hours long. Most of the passengers got off in Singapore which meant that I had three seats to myself overnight on the way to Melbourne. It was nice being able to lie down flat
Old May 7th 2009, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

Smartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud of

We flew with Singapore airlines and couldn't rate them highly enough but this was three years ago. Although parents have flown out twice with them since and been well taken care of both times. I don't like to scare monger but the recent near crash at Melbourne last month was with an Emirates flight, I'm sure its the same with most airlines trying to save fuel but there was a lot in the papers here about Emirates policy to cut power and therefore fuel on take off to save money. The pilots were blamed and forced apparently to resign but many say they were scapegoats. The following link is from "The age"

http://www.theage.com.au/travel/trav...0412-a418.html

Although there is never a guarantee with these things I think I will stick to Singapore Airlines, but thats just my opinion. I know loads of people fly with Emirates and rate them highly.
Old May 7th 2009, 11:50 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Smartinis
Although there is never a guarantee with these things I think I will stick to Singapore Airlines, but thats just my opinion. I know loads of people fly with Emirates and rate them highly.
Singapore have also had their share of crashes....with fatalities.

G
Old May 8th 2009, 1:50 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

We've just come back to Brisbane a few days ago with Emirates and although we were upgraded to business, their all round customer service both on the ground and in the air were brilliant. I would recommend joining their frequent flier scheme (skywards) as with the points we accrued from the last trip and outbound on this trip, it was enough for a an upgrade.
Old May 8th 2009, 5:45 am
BE Enthusiast

claretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the rough

We have just got back from our validation trip and are now planning to go for good in July

We flew with Emirates this time, only because they fly from Birmingham, but had flown with Singapore several times before. We prefer Singapore. They seem more attentive, the food is a LOT nicer, Changi airport was fantastic, the flights are better lengths, compared to a 7 1/2 hour flight to Dubai and a 15 hour flight from Dubai to Sydney!!

Hope that helps!

Rachel x
Old May 8th 2009, 8:12 am
Just Joined

360life is an unknown quantity at this point

HI
We have flown both recently and I have to say I give it to Singapore hands down. Their crew are very attentive (answered call button within 30 seconds most times), food excellent, very good with the kids, Changi airport is by far the best (modern, very clean (there was even a guy in the toilets cleaning the taps with a toothbrush) spacious and quiet (Dubai always seems packed), butterfly garden and swimming pool)).
Dont forget to check in on line both ways - everyone seem to do it leaving the UK so not a great deal of time saved BUT on the return from MEL to LHR the standard check in was about an hour wait; internet check in was 2 minutes. I guess not everyone remembers or can get on tinternet coming back. Good luck
Old May 8th 2009, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of

Check the Singapore Airlines website, the flights on there at the moment are cheaper than anyone. 570 pounds until the middle of June return to Brisbane including all taxes. I just flew back to the UK for $4300 for 3 of us return including all taxes. Great service and comfy seats, the A380 is great.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.