Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Emirates question?

Emirates question?

Old Mar 9th 2011, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

kronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant future
Default Emirates question?

Hi

My aunt is coming over to Sydney from London in July. Looking at her flights now. Due to price, its currently between Emirates and Thai. I have flown with both and know that my initial preference would be Emirates (my overall preference would be Singapore but thats lot more pricey

My question is, does Emirates have to stop from Dubai to Sydney? I'm pretty sure that it does but some of the travel sites that I'm looking at show that there is no touchdown on that segment of the flight.

I want to make journey as easy as possible for my aunt as shes never flown long haul or on her own before. Saying that I'd still be inclined to pick Emirates with stops in Dubai and poss Singapore over Thai.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

JetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really nice
Default Re: Emirates question?

Originally Posted by kronk

My question is, does Emirates have to stop from Dubai to Sydney? I'm pretty sure that it does but some of the travel sites that I'm looking at show that there is no touchdown on that segment of the flight.
Yes it does 100%. There currently isnt an aircraft in production that could manage London > Sydney none stop. Although they are developing one called the Airbus A350.

Anyway yes your right.

Myself i would also pick Singapore, from Manchester they are the cheapest i have found. I would fly Emirates over Thi as the product they provide is more consistent. The seats are better and the aircraft are newer.

With Emirates try to get on the A380 from London, the product is newer i believe. They also fly the 777-300 from London but the seats are not as good as the A380.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

kronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JetBlast
Yes it does 100%. There currently isnt an aircraft in production that could manage London > Sydney none stop. Although they are developing one called the Airbus A350.

Anyway yes your right.

Myself i would also pick Singapore, from Manchester they are the cheapest i have found. I would fly Emirates over Thi as the product they provide is more consistent. The seats are better and the aircraft are newer.

With Emirates try to get on the A380 from London, the product is newer i believe. They also fly the 777-300 from London but the seats are not as good as the A380.
Cheers for answering but what I wanted to know is if Emirates/UAE based airlines have to stop once they've left Dubai ie. Dubai to Sydney so therefore stopping twice on its journey to Oz? I know that an Emirates flight from London to Sydney will stop in Dubai as that is where their carrier is based. But will it stop again on route to Sydney? I'm just getting mixed info from different sites.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

JetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really nice

Cheers for answering but what I wanted to know is if Emirates/UAE based airlines have to stop once they've left Dubai ie. Dubai to Sydney so therefore stopping twice on its journey to Oz? I know that an Emirates flight from London to Sydney will stop in Dubai as that is where their carrier is based. But will it stop again on route to Sydney? I'm just getting mixed info from different sites.
sorry i misread the question.

EK 418 (leaves Dubai 08:50) does stop at Suvarnabhum Aiport.
The return flight number for this one is EK 419
I wouldnt go on this as this leg of the flight is 17 hours in total!

but

EK412 (leaves Dubai 10:15) does not stop.
The return flight number for this one is EK 413
Old Mar 9th 2011, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

sorry i misread the question.

EK 418 (leaves Dubai 08:50) does stop at Suvarnabhum Aiport.
The return flight number for this one is EK 419
I wouldnt go on this as this leg of the flight is 17 hours in total!

but

EK412 (leaves Dubai 10:15) does not stop.
The return flight number for this one is EK 413
so it possibly looks like the airbuses can make it from dubai to sydney without stopping but am guessing the EK418 may be a 777 in which case it will also stop in Bangkok as well.

Cheers for that, from the sites that I was looking at, sometimes it looked like it did stop, sometime it didn't. Wasn't sure whether per se UAE based airlines en route to Sydney had to stop to refuel from Dubai/Abu Dhabi etc.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 10:15 pm
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Emirates operate a daily return flight from Dubai to Sydney non-stop A380 service. They also have various flights that go via Aisa, you just need to be careful that you select the correct option when booking. Also look at the arrival and departure times in Dubai and make you get a short transit time. The direct flight with short transit time is usually slightly more expensive and isn't always the first one that booking engines offer. Doing it this way UK- Aus is 21 hours, one of the quickest available.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

so it possibly looks like the airbuses can make it from dubai to sydney without stopping but am guessing the EK418 may be a 777 in which case it will also stop in Bangkok as well.

Cheers for that, from the sites that I was looking at, sometimes it looked like it did stop, sometime it didn't. Wasn't sure whether per se UAE based airlines en route to Sydney had to stop to refuel from Dubai/Abu Dhabi etc.
The 777 can make it no problem, just they will stop to get a few extra £
Old Mar 10th 2011, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

I would fly Emirates over Thi as the product they provide is more consistent. The seats are better and the aircraft are newer.

As I've posted previously, we found the seats on Emirates, A380 or 777, horribly uncomfortable, the most uncomfortable we've ever been on a plane. We weren't the only ones, as I found lots of complaints about their seats on various reviews online.

If the Emirates seats are better than Thai's, I can't imagine what Thai's are like.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 8:09 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HelenTD
As I've posted previously, we found the seats on Emirates, A380 or 777, horribly uncomfortable, the most uncomfortable we've ever been on a plane. We weren't the only ones, as I found lots of complaints about their seats on various reviews online.

If the Emirates seats are better than Thai's, I can't imagine what Thai's are like.
There are (or were) two configs a couple fo years ago on Emirates which mixed old and new. If you gt thr wrong sectors it was horrid! You had to do proper detective work to ensure you got the new livery. I think its all now been pretty much completed on Aus routes. (well PER anyway)