Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Emirates - Manchester to Brisbane Experince

Emirates - Manchester to Brisbane Experince

Old Jun 15th 2012, 9:05 am
Account Closed

jaimin.gajjar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Emirates - Manchester to Brisbane Experince

We are planning to book flight tickets with Emirates - Manchester to Brisbane. Please share your experiences for your similar journey. Currently they are saying baggage 30kg, 7 kg Hand bag and Free laptop bag per person. Did you get the same allowance? Reason for asking this question is I had some bad experiences with Emirates before and want to make sure we get it right this time. Thanks.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Emirates - Manchester to Brisbane Experince

Im flying that route tomorrow. My understanding is that its 30kg luggage and 7kg carry on. But for Economy you are only allowed 1 piece of carry on. I will check it out now though because the laptop bag as well would be very handy!
Old Jun 15th 2012, 9:36 am
Account Closed

jaimin.gajjar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
Im flying that route tomorrow. My understanding is that its 30kg luggage and 7kg carry on. But for Economy you are only allowed 1 piece of carry on. I will check it out now though because the laptop bag as well would be very handy!
Let me know what they say and how you get on tomorrow as I am not flying until 2nd July. Your feedback will help us quite a lot. Thanks.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

nicolac34 is an unknown quantity at this point

We've done Perth - Manchester a couple of times on Emirates. 30kg Luggage (although they have let us 1-2kg over, but no more than 32kg) and 7kg in handluggage. We've only been weighed once on hand luggage out of 4 trips (typically the one time we thought 'sod it, they never check' and knew we had 10kg each in there!!)

I've always had hand luggage and a handbag, don't know if this would be the same for a laptop bag, but I've seen plenty of people take two pieces on in Economy, one large and one a smaller size.
Old Jun 16th 2012, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

Shenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant future

I often travel with Emirates, join their frequent flyer program, it is worth it if making more than 1 flight or as my daughter found out, a return trip to the UK gave her a free flight in Oz ....... and hand luggage weighing depends on the check in person, it is 30 KG and when I travel I place my lap top in my cabin bag and once through departures take it out again and always travel with two bags and they are not as big as some I have seen getting taken on the plane. They can be sticklers on the 32kg hold luggage though so be careful of that one.
Old Jun 16th 2012, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

Shenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant future

Oh forgot to say also have been using them for over 8 years with multiple trips per year and only once delayed in Dubai for 10 hours and was refunded half my entire fare.
Old Jun 16th 2012, 4:03 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shenni
Oh forgot to say also have been using them for over 8 years with multiple trips per year and only once delayed in Dubai for 10 hours and was refunded half my entire fare.
Lucky you!! I used them once and was also stuck there for 10 hours....got told the restaurant was shut so no food or drink, I swear one guy was trying to sell mew for an indeterminate number of camels and I swear I've never encountered such rude airline staff in my life
Old Jun 17th 2012, 10:09 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jaimin.gajjar
We are planning to book flight tickets with Emirates - Manchester to Brisbane. Please share your experiences for your similar journey. Currently they are saying baggage 30kg, 7 kg Hand bag and Free laptop bag per person. Did you get the same allowance? Reason for asking this question is I had some bad experiences with Emirates before and want to make sure we get it right this time. Thanks.
If thats the case Id ring Emirates and confirm allowances.
Nobodies experience can help you as you may or may not get checked weight wise.
Old Jun 17th 2012, 11:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

I was a few kg over and they werent bothered. Hand luggage either, she didnt even ask to see it!

Although I purposely kept her talking to distract her!
Old Jun 18th 2012, 2:49 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EvannTel
If thats the case Id ring Emirates and confirm allowances.
Nobodies experience can help you as you may or may not get checked weight wise.
You don't need to phone them, the info is on their website. The standard economy baggage allowance is 30KG - has been for a couple of years.
Old Jun 18th 2012, 9:01 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassie
You don't need to phone them, the info is on their website. The standard economy baggage allowance is 30KG - has been for a couple of years.
I think the question was more about no of pieces of hand luggage but you're probably right, tll be on web somewhere.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 5:33 am
Just Joined

Ozcats1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, just flew emirates Manchester to Brisbane and we got 50 kilos each via ANZ bank. We had to open an account then book flights via the link.worked a treat, still haven't put any funds in the ANZ account as had already opened with NAB.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 6:16 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozcats1
Hi, just flew emirates Manchester to Brisbane and we got 50 kilos each via ANZ bank. We had to open an account then book flights via the link.worked a treat, still haven't put any funds in the ANZ account as had already opened with NAB.
Some info:

http://www.anz.com/unitedkingdom/en/...tion-services/
Old Jun 26th 2012, 4:59 am
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: Emirates - Manchester to Brisbane Experince

Originally Posted by jaimin.gajjar
only done emirates once from manchester. never again seats are tiny on thier 777s . they somehow manage to fit an extra seat in. If possible cancel and switch to Singapore you will have a much more pleasant journey
Old Jun 26th 2012, 10:25 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by raven
only done emirates once from manchester. never again seats are tiny on thier 777s . they somehow manage to fit an extra seat in. If possible cancel and switch to Singapore you will have a much more pleasant journey
...the list of 10 abreast 777 airlines is getting longer all the time and includes Emirates, Air New Zealand, American Airlines, Air France, KLM. The difference in the seat width really isn't that dramatic...what I did notice on Emirates was the aisles are very, very narrow - if you have an aisle seat every person or cart that goes past will bump you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.